White Finger!!!!!??

Harrison2604

Only a couple of years! 20 years young!

Haha, cheers shrek

get it looked at mate, i am only 34 and have had it for a while now, i have never had it checked out and i dont know if it is bad circulation or white finger. Wear gloves as much as you can and dont work with old saws with rubbish mountings:001_smile:

We have two older guys who work at a different estate to me and they both have WF - its truly horrible! one cant feel anything at all in his fingers and the other has a lil, but has to do things like picking up his grandkids over a bed so when he drops them they are ok - cause he just cant control his fingers properly now. Both used saws all their days, strimmers etc. Their advice is simple, if any doubt at all over vibration level on a machine, get it checked - repaired or in the skip!! Its much better to spend a lil more on kit but have working hands left when you hit 50+

had been getting a bit of white finger in this hand, along with a bit of arthritus from an old break. Decided to try a Cortisone injection in it and ended up with a 'radial vasospasm', a day in the local hospital and 6 weeks on wolferine to thin the blood - more painful than breaking the damn thing in the first place!. Its pretty much sorted now, I'm climbing every day without too many problems :thumbup1:

597655082196d_hand1.JPG.95a086ff700f5a76bfa7197f465a2de0.JPG

hand2.JPG.c7aaa76cd092a56072d347b8a88f9e95.JPG

i find that strimmers make my hand shake uncontrolably after a while, thats when i decide that i should give them a little rest.:blushing: its even worse in cold weather, i think thats quite a bit down to circulation though.

Brushcuttrs are far worse than saws IMO, especially using scrub blades. The slightest imbalance makes them vibrate badly. Don't use them so much now, but when I did, used to let the harness take all the strain and rest hands almost on the end of the handles, thus avoiding most of the vibes. Try not to grip so tightly, and use anti-vib gloves - you don't get a second chance.:thumbdown: