Digger v telehandler

donnk

2 hours ago, difflock said:

Are Takeuchi machines particularly popular down Devon Cornwall direction, cos from my searches they seem to be  .  .  .

There a good Takeuchi dealer here in Devon, CBL. Iv had 4 Takeuchis now, got 2 at the mo and Iv barely put a spanner to any of them. Superb machines in my experience and seem to take whatever is thrown at them.

Arnt these Ducks really restricted to hard standing and site work. To me they look like a disaster in mud and soft conditions, not sure I’d want to work them on slopes where you can get tracked machines either.

Dont get me wrong I can see the appeal for site work and utilities so I guess if that’s what you do then seem to be the best tool for the job. Certainly wouldn’t suit my work!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, donnk said:

10 ton min , 13 really as I need reach and lift. Placing the beams for block and beam would be amazing and the big spans are bloody heavy.

hows it work on the road, do they have number plates ? 

Need to be registered, taxed, insured and on white diesel if not solely for use in agriculture or forestry. 

39 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Need to be registered, taxed, insured and on white diesel if not solely for use in agriculture or forestry. 

Taxed as a ‘Digging Machine’ no need for White Diesel to and from places of work.

Ducks will surprise you where they will go off road if sensible, single tyres help.

Eddie.

9 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

What would be better of road in your experience Eddie, field conditions/typical rural sites A duck or wheeled digger(3cx etc)? I’d have thought wheeled digger being more tractor based and on ag tyres. But also a considerable lump on fairly small wheels and lack of 360 to push pull/shift weight over etc.

It’s always been the Backhoe that will perform best, but the gap is closing. Properly specced Hydradigs and Mecalac are getting very useful bits of kit and will surprise just what little impact they can make on some big single tyres.

If impacts not so much of an issue then take a look at this.

May surprise a few??

Eddie.

• Like 1