Chipper Advice

brownie1964

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my first chipper was a 6 inch arboreater and after some tlc and a few mods it was a great chipper though have a timberwolf now and it is better but cost me more so you do get what you pay for

second hand chippers really depend on whos had them and what you are prepared to do to improve them

i got 6 inches ............... its been called many things but mainy timberfolf lol.

there excellent machines look after them they will last as long as you will wanna keep em.:wave:

i said it before schlipoops are to heavy and many are producing stress fractures there is too much of a good thing some times timberwolfs are just right.

i was using a very early entec trukloader yesterday.i had one many years ago. it brought back some good memories but i only used it for 5 minutes........ thank god.

I started out with one of those. They're pretty hard going if you're used to a machine with rollers, but they're great value for money. If you think a handheld blower gives off too much vibrations try using a gravity feed chipper!:fisheye:

its my groundies chipper. i've used it a few times when mine has been being serviced or fixed. it's bloody reliable, their is nothing to it.

Mine was secondhand when I bought it, I kept it for 4years, the only thing that ever needed doing was sharpening the blades. Plus, it's so light you can unhitch it and push it around easily. A great machine for a start-up business on a low budget.

I get heartly sick of people banging on about TW's. I find they're quite good, but I 've talked to probably hundreds of TW owners who have had major mechanical issues with them.

And the schliesings are a good chipper, but to listen to some people you'd think they laid golden eggs :rolleyes:

If you want true chipping performance, buy an American chipper - Bandit, Morbark, Dynamic Conehead, Woodsman. There is nothing built in europe that compares.

Oh, and I agree exactly with J the Tree. The farmi 260 HF are one of the best value chippers out there. I had 3, I even built my own engined machine.

i was using a very early entec trukloader yesterday.i had one many years ago. it brought back some good memories but i only used it for 5 minutes........ thank god.

my first chipper was a trukloader, it ate a set of steel handled loppers once. ( not my doing, dopey assistant)