operators licence

dangerous brian

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not knackered it's still going strong I think I was just taken for a ride as I was very green to the O Licence thing and still trying to get to the bottom of it. at the time my way out of it was to re plate it as a 3.5 tonner but I find I'm taking too many risks with weight now.

I guess what I need to know is the economics of running a 7.5 tonne, I can do my own repairs etc.

I'm no expert, and it was 3-4 yrs ago that I ran a roadsweeper for my GM sites, but inspections used to be done by a garage near the yard it was stored in and used to be £1-200ish on an old vehicle including the little jobs that are always needed, ie oil change, brake shoes etc......

Until I found out I could do it a different way, but thats another story.

R

Patrick, you specify where you want to have your inspections done, so long as the person you choose is qualified to do them it doesnt matter whether its the main agent or a backstreet garage.

That's brilliant,but remembering back a couple of years do the brakes need checking on a rolling road each time?

also would I get away with parking a 7.5 tonner on my front drive ?

That's brilliant,but remembering back a couple of years do the brakes need checking on a rolling road each time?

also would I get away with parking a 7.5 tonner on my front drive ?

No it’s an inspection not a test.

You would be unlikely to get a domestic residence as an operating centre. If you wing it and park in the drive complaints will inevitably fly.

Just a quick one to you lot in the know.

I could do with an operators licence so I can use a 7.5 tonner for the shows, but are always asked if I have a licence when trying to hire them. I always end up with overloaded 3.5 tonner.

Is it possible for me to get a licence for just hiring ??:001_smile:

Just a quick one to you lot in the know.

I could do with an operators licence so I can use a 7.5 tonner for the shows, but are always asked if I have a licence when trying to hire them. I always end up with overloaded 3.5 tonner.

Is it possible for me to get a licence for just hiring ??:001_smile:

You don’t need your own “O” licence for a temporary hire.

The Zermats are great and I am sure they will be fine once they have broken my feet in:laugh1: