MMA/ BJJ etc

Lust4life

43 minutes ago, Lust4life said:

In summer I typically drink 9-11litres of water a day with tree work and training. To make my life harder I also do weights. Farmers walk with 90kg each arm is good for tree work and grip strength. 

I see its merits ( and also felt it) the bonuses of kicks but I've never really got on with K1/ TWDO. Boxing for stand up and BJJ for ground for me. 

90kg in each arm! shit..i struggle with a sack of tatties!

• 3 years later...

Know this is an old thread but came across it on a search.  Just wondering how people balance the training and work.

As the age creeps up its noticeably longer / tougher recovery... and it seems all in information on the subject and training in general is aimed at office bods. 

I find it hard to balance but find a way.  I train Muaythai on a Monday and Wednesday evening for 1.5 hours.  I train BJJ on a Tuesday and if there is any energy left also on a Thursday.

My son still trains and competes in Muay Thai and BJJ.  Since I posted about our trip training to Thailand in 2018 he has won the Norwegian -45kg Junior Muay Thai championship, represented Norway at the ISKA World Amateur Championships in Ireland in 2019.  He won his division, Junior Muay Thai, world title.  

Then COVID settled in.

He just competed at the BJJ Oslo Open yesterday and won gold in his division.

If find it difficult to find the energy some days but always feel better after training.

I find the MT training the best for tree work.  MT clinch is very similar muscle groups to climbing rope.  I have found the two work in unison and complement each other very well.

My main motivation now though is mental well being.  I have trained MT since 1995.  If I don’t train, I get moody as F.

The other motivation is my oldest son and his training.

F826823F-1929-4D5F-A780-265FD608AD83.jpeg

3698B6A5-09A6-4ED2-896C-E370A7841B4E.jpeg

BD9F51BF-1082-4B64-B3FD-B51AA9A955BF.jpeg

B1E716D9-3666-4D04-A05E-DA4A0A94342A.jpeg

6FE1A49F-81BB-4662-9E96-9FD0D189EA6C.jpeg

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I find it hard to balance but find a way.  I train Muaythai on a Monday and Wednesday evening for 1.5 hours.  I train BJJ on a Tuesday and if there is any energy left also on a Thursday.

My son still trains and competes in Muay Thai and BJJ.  Since I posted about our trip training to Thailand in 2018 he has won the Norwegian -45kg Junior Muay Thai championship, represented Norway at the ISKA World Amateur Championships in Ireland in 2019.  He won his division, Junior Muay Thai, world title.  

He just competed at the BJJ Oslo Open yesterday and won gold in his division.

If find it difficult to find the energy some days but always feel better after training.

I find the MT training the best for tree work.  MT clinch is very similar muscle groups to climbing rope.  I have found the two work in unison and complement each other very well.

My main motivation now though is mental well being.  I have trained MT since 1995.  If I don’t train, I get moody as F.

The other motivation is my oldest son and his training.

F826823F-1929-4D5F-A780-265FD608AD83.jpeg

3698B6A5-09A6-4ED2-896C-E370A7841B4E.jpeg

BD9F51BF-1082-4B64-B3FD-B51AA9A955BF.jpeg

B1E716D9-3666-4D04-A05E-DA4A0A94342A.jpeg

6FE1A49F-81BB-4662-9E96-9FD0D189EA6C.jpeg

What a boy! Well done supporting him too. An acquaintance's daughter was freestyle kayaking competitively and the running her about, dealing with sponsors etc was serious work. Good dadding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1