MS200T what carb?

Thesnarlingbadger

My 200T has had a few issues of late and tuning it just doesn’t seem to cut it anymore. I am finding it Boggs down and cuts out if I hold the trigger right back or if I try and cut with it.

I am thinking maybe just get a new carb but when I started looking I realised there were about 3 different carbs to choose from.

I’ll add pics of the one in my Ms200t and see if anyone knows what one it is or if I’d be better off with a different one.

I think the ones I saw were C1Q-S126A, C1Q-S32 or C1Q-S127A

Thanks for any help in advance people.

IMG_1676.jpgIMG_1679.jpgIMG_1680.jpg

I would be tempted to dismantle the carb, use some carb cleaner, clean the mesh gauze to see if that helps, remember the same issues when I had a 200, it was normally crap in that gauze. Failing that a carb kit, save some money from a whole replacement carb[emoji106]

Sounds like a plan. I’ll give that a go first and see what happens. I don’t have a problem buying a new carb as long as it does the job but carb cleaner might be worth a try. Cheers

5 minutes ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Sounds like a plan. I’ll give that a go first and see what happens. I don’t have a problem buying a new carb as long as it does the job but carb cleaner might be worth a try. Cheers

Dean lofthouse demonstrating the gauze crap I mentioned ?

• 2 weeks later...

Right people done a little carb clean (to be honest it was pretty spotless). Saw is still being a right pain in the backside to start. You can’t even get it to a log before it cuts out.

I’m just exploring options to see what people think it could be. I’m sure the list is long and eye watering but I’m happy to spend time on it to get it up and running again. I’ve got other top-handles so I’m alright but the 200t is a force that has no match and would love to keep it going.

Thanks in advance for any advice.