Tesla Powerwall

donnk

So defo a realistic option to look at if considering a long term investment / retirement plan. (Not that i’m anywhere near retiring, but will stay in my current home till the end of my days) [emoji106] thanks for the added and awaited info donnk ?[emoji108]

13 hours ago, donnk said:

10 year unlimited warranty.

I wonder how they define failure?

Anyway it makes it look much more interesting and if you could use it to full capacity for ten years that means the cost could drop to 6000/48936.8=12.26p/kWh retrieved

they burned through 1 billion in the last 3 months alone!

As a new tech startup they have to get up and running. Elon has a good plan. He made the roadster to fund the P90 tesla, the P90 funded the model 3 mass production version. And the whole lot of that funds his space program.

He has orders or more than 5000 per week yet is only managing to prudce a fraction of this. He has a lot of german automotive robots coming to get the production line up and running. 

Lets face it if any of the big 4 can crank out normal cars at this rate which are much more complex then he will be able to as well - just needs to get the infrastructure and people in place. We will be seeing the traditional dealer network disappear along with most of the garages as they arent needed for electric. 

Soon as there is a car available that can do 200miles sat at 80 with heater on and can be rapid charged to another 160 miles range in 20 mins then the death of fossil motors will be here.

It will bring back a resurgence of the local mechanic just to look after the running gear. No expensive black boxes all over the place to keep the engine working. 

• Like 2