18” bar and chain matching

Ratman

I’v got an 18” bar (part number 30030086817) on my 026C running

.325 pitch and .063 gauge 1.6mm chain, 74 drive links (part number 36390030074)

Been routing through some boxes today and found a couple of brand new stihl chains (part number 36390000068) .325 pitch and

.063gauge 1.6mm 68 drive links.

My question is, will they / or are they, compatible with my bar? Routing through google and places i’m leading towards..... not! Its as though there is only one suitable stihl chain to fit my stihl bar ?‍♂️ if the answer is no, then would it just be because of sprocket compatibility? Any help would be much appreciated guys, thank you. Seems a shame if they cant be used.

I thought that originally but on the box it has on the left hand side, 16” - 18” bar compatibility, (if that makes sense) thats why i was presuming it may be a sprocket compatibility issue ?‍♂️ ah well, ya win some ya lose some. Be an ebay job then i rekon, cheers for input [emoji106]

I thought that originally but on the box it has on the left hand side, 16” - 18” bar compatibility, (if that makes sense) thats why i was presuming it may be a sprocket compatibility issue ?‍♂️ ah well, ya win some ya lose some. Be an ebay job then i rekon, cheers for input [emoji106]

Baffled my head a bit routing on internet, and differences in bar mounts too..... [emoji30] cant say i’ve really paid that much attention to the mounting of em, my 026C has quick change casing on it and my 021 has standard 2 nut type casing, i just wind off when needed and swap whats needed.

• Like 1

The 68 link chains should be off a 16" 251. The 16" 261 uses a 67 link chain so your chainswould be a link too long, you would prob get away with  it whilst the chain is relatively new but once it starts to wear you may run out of adjustment

The 68 link chains should be off a 16" 251. The 16" 261 uses a 67 link chain so your chainswould be a link too long, you would prob get away with  it whilst the chain is relatively new but once it starts to wear you may run out of adjustment

Top man, thanks for putting the time in on that one for me. Annoying when they write suitable for 16” & 18” bar on the box ? i have a 16” bar in my box of bits i think so will be able to abuse them at some point. Thanks again ?