new digger option

donnk

22 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I looked at Wacker when I was looking at 1.8t machines. The only thing that put me off was the price. Happy to pay for quality but our local dealer wanted an extra 3k+ over comparable Volvo and 6k over equvilant Takeuchi. Shame cos wacker looked like a top machine- but couldn’t see where the extra £6k was really going.

If Wacker was 3k more than Volvo, that's the same as Volvo been 3k more than Takeuchi, could you see the 3k difference between Takeuchi & Volvo ? The comparison you have made is like a BMW vs Ford Fiesta. 

Yes, Tak was £16.5k, Volvo £18.6k and the wacker came in at £21.somethingK. It wasn’t specced with the VDS system. The Tak was definitely lacking in features- basic things like no proper foot pedals. But as far as I could see the Volvo and wacker were on a par in both feature and on paper specs.

£21k on a 1.8t machine just seemed excessive... nothing against the machine though.

14 hours ago, donnk said:

I did look at them but they dont seem to hold the money as well as the jap and I didnt like the mess of hoses on the front, cant see them not getting caught up and broke quickly.

aQQtAFR.png

Cannot for the life of me see why some manufacturers still put the main boom ram on the underside instead of the top. No way would i ever buy a digger with that configuration

Wacker do some models with rams on top.. Their hoses are the tidiest of all on the latest machines.. Wacker also do VDS option this is where the under carriage leans 15 degrees to the side if you are working on a slope..  Let me ask you folk out there this question.. If you are driving a backhoe ( 3cx type thing ) do use the rear jack legs to get the machine level to use,, or do you use it on a angle ??

2 minutes ago, digaholedumper said:

Wacker do some models with rams on top.. Their hoses are the tidiest of all on the latest machines.. Wacker also do VDS option this is where the under carriage leans 15 degrees to the side if you are working on a slope..  Let me ask you folk out there this question.. If you are driving a backhoe ( 3cx type thing ) do use the rear jack legs to get the machine level to use,, or do you use it on a angle ??

IMG_20170214_131610044.jpg

IMG_20170416_162126495.jpg

Wacker Neuson might not seam the cheapest machine on the excavator market, but when you compare main line manufacturers spec & what you get for your money you will find Wacker are offering a good spec machine with many more extras in the base line price, VDS is one of those extras spoke about in a earlier post, how do you value this in a machine , it saves wear & tear on the slew ring, it saves wear & tear on the drivers back, It saves time on a job & it makes things a hell of a lot safer.  The technology & idea is taken from the Neuson timber harvester & has been available on the range of excavators for the last 15 years it is only the last 2 or 3 years it has been included as a standard feature on some machines  

IMG_20180123_160458194.jpg

IMG_20180123_082603676.jpg

IMG_20180123_082233982.jpg

Just now, digaholedumper said:

Wacker Neuson might not seam the cheapest machine on the excavator market, but when you compare main line manufacturers spec & what you get for your money you will find Wacker are offering a good spec machine with many more extras in the base line price, VDS is one of those extras spoke about in a earlier post, how do you value this in a machine , it saves wear & tear on the slew ring, it saves wear & tear on the drivers back, It saves time on a job & it makes things a hell of a lot safer.  The technology & idea is taken from the Neuson timber harvester & has been available on the range of excavators for the last 15 years it is only the last 2 or 3 years it has been included as a standard feature on some machines  

IMG_20180123_160458194.jpg

IMG_20180123_082603676.jpg

IMG_20180123_082233982.jpg

This VDS option is fitted to the 1.8 ton, 2 ton, 2.4 ton, 2.7 ton, 3.5 ton, 3.8 ton & 5.3 ton machine, It is going to be launched on the bigger machines in the not to distant future, If you don't have the need for this option Wacker will supply machines in a more standard format with no VDS  as a special order.