BANAMAN Videos (Sheffield Trees)

BANAMAN

3 minutes ago, WesD said:

So the talking should have been done at planning or within council buildings not on the street. 

Talking breaks down and scenarios get worse because you didn’t or sorry campaigners didn’t get the outcome they wanted. 

from what I can gather in a nut shell...

1. Sheffield City Council PFI contract gets under way with Amey

2. Local residents wanted to keep as many healthy trees as possible and have the paid for engineering solutions applied when practical

3. Amey cuts down healthy trees and does not apply engineering solutions to some that could have been saved.

4. Local residents speak with SCC / Amey

5. SCC get ITP to justify what SCC are saying

6. ITP what SCC catered for actually went against SCC... SCC left with egg on their face...! SCC choose to ignore the ITP for months.

7. SCC / Amey and the campaigners were at one point talking but SCC / Amey decided there was no reason for talking any more...

8. Campaigners pressed on with their campaign... and so the story came about...

That list of 8 points does not reflect on the actual events and by reading those 8 points, anybody would now start to wonder why SCC are with holding the PFI contract details that the campaigners want to see. They want to see it as they believe it holds vital information. SCC have redacted heavily a lot of the information in the contract and stated it is commercially sensitive as to the reason why...! This now looks like even more so they may have something to hide...! Recently even the opposition of the council have asked to see the contract in full in order to be able to answer concerning questions from which can be obtained from the contract. If the opposition in the council can't see it, then why ? This is much deeper than what I am stating and there was always talks in the beginning... For more information and a more accurate account of events, I suggest you contact Sheffield City Council with your own questions and see if they will either answer them, or palm you off...! Alternatively, S.T.A.G. is the umbrella and classed as the steering group for all the sheffield groups trying to get answers to the questions from SCC / Amey. In all fairness, I have not even touched upon some of the deeper issues yet in order to make a public record of events due to the nature of multiples of campaigners, pro or against not speaking out enough. Also due to SCC / Amey the arbs and the groundwork's under the influence of.... Wait for it.... You must not speak to me about it...! Yes, I look a little biased for this very reason, I will just have to like it or lump it :-)

There is no such thing as a 'beautiful tree ' .........that is a subjective view with no quantifiable fact that would satisfy everybody. However trees in the urban landscape have a measurable value and economic cost based on monetary values and legal liability. They provide a cultural and wildlife focus and a product.

The legal liabilities of trees are born out from over 400 yrs of judicial review and scientific work. This means trees are a 'material consideration in the planning process' .

Amey and Sheffield council should have this in mind when they act. I won't comment on Protest methods, but certainly I will protest over the path this PFI system has led us up. K

• Like 2