Lawn prices, please help!!

Woodsmaintenance

It is but also depends what you use. When you cut circa 30000 per hour it soon adds up. That’s fairly Standard pricing round here on weekly cuts at least for the big contractors. I charge more but get far less work because of it.
I don’t know what you use but that would be about 15 mins for me due to too much turning. At your rate that would be £456 an hour. No grass cutting business should have costs anywhere near that rate. I’m thinking you can charge that as big contractors won’t bother with it as they are too focused on small ppm2 that the tiny ones like that don’t add up.

• Like 1

I'm confused now!  Are you saying you cut 30000m2 per hour?  That'd be £120/hour would it?  Who's got a lawn (or even grass) that size??  Are we talking golf courses?  And what machinery does it take to cover that sort of area?  Is it tractor gang mowers?

Grass cutting is not really my 'thing' but I got a mowing deck for the front of the multione and I cut the sports pitch at the school our nipper goes to.  It's 10 minutes away, the previous contractor was a shambles and there is ancillary tree / hedge and other works which make up for the low return on grass cutting.  I can have it done in an hour.

I guess we're at opposite ends of the scale so possibly not either giving a representative / useful answer to OP.

Maybe if OP could provide a bit more detail about scale and frequency + equipment availability we might be able to thrash something out??  

58 minutes ago, dumper said:

Grass cutting with a front loader is not cost effective to much horsepower doing nothing decks are too small and the speed of cut is slow, 25hp loader cutting 1.5m or 40 up tractor cutting 3.6 faster

Agreed!  It's not the best solution for large scale grass cutting but it's not a one trick pony!!  The cost of the mower attachment to fit an existing machine is a fraction of the cost of a dedicated mowing machine that (a) only mows and (b) takes up more (storage & transport) space.  

Getting more usage hours out of the pre-existing machine is the key - hours working is hours earning (if only a little.)  Example, I can take the mower and tree shear on 1 trip, cut the grass (for a fairly modest cash return) and reduce the hedgerow trees (as a bonus.)  1 machine, 2 attachments, 2 tasks.  

Horses for courses...  If only there really was a silver bullet!  

These one trick ponies male a lot of money if you can fill the week with one. Your mower attachment is worth is for you as you already have a machine. I couldn’t do the grass cutting I want/ need to do with your multi one machine at all never mind I’m good time.

Yes people do have 6,8,10 plus acres of grass, plus huge playing fields/ amenity spaces of 40 acres(the biggest I know of)

But cost is the problem £65k now for the 5 gang monsters that cut that amount of grass per hour.

1 hour ago, Richard 1234 said:

But cost is the problem £65k now for the 5 gang monsters that cut that amount of grass per hour.

Wow!  And that's excluding the tractor!  Just had a quick online search and found this:

https://horsejumpsforsale.co.uk/pto-driven-flail-mowers/6082-triflex-gang-flail-mower-50m-wide.html?gmc_currency=2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyNjRBRCpARIsAPDBnn2ikjXL9PQC5Ivi60rl9nwRjdv0tlWABZv4a0H46p9XI1S4UB_ra94aAmUFEALw_wcB