Climbing equipment/gear essentials?

Rhys_Rad

Art rope guide SJ 3 and positioner is a great set up for ddrt. Silky smooth, minimum friction and once used to the kit you can move around pretty quick with minimum effort. 
Thanks Wes , would you say the sj3 is better than the 2.1? I climbed on the 2.1 for a couple of months and found really good,only annoying thing was it sometimes takes up slack if the wind is blowing abit, art positioner i have never tried tho

Art rope guide SJ 3 and positioner is a great set up for ddrt. Silky smooth, minimum friction and once used to the kit you can move around pretty quick with minimum effort. 
Thanks Wes , would you say the sj3 is better than the 2.1? I climbed on the 2.1 for a couple of months and found really good,only annoying thing was it sometimes takes up slack if the wind is blowing abit, art positioner i have never tried tho

53 minutes ago, Rhys_Rad said:
1 hour ago, WesD said:

Can’t comment sorry, I never climbed on the 2.1 however the 3 has a lock out feature and is better in the hand or so I am told. I previously climbed ZZ which I thought was ok but it’s not a patch on the SJ 3 in my opinion however we are all different and like different things so it’s each to their own. 

What I would say with the SJ is it’s not great with friction so getting to your 1st limb isn’t like the promo vid shows but it’s not hard either once you are used to how it best works. Once you are in the canopy though and climbing the tree using 1 hand to push rope through the SJ it’s seamless also once you have chosen your TIP I use the rope guide and from then on it’s a dream. It’s an unbelievable combo. 

Im happy with my set up and have complete confidence in my kit for that reason I can’t be bothered with SRT as buying it and toying around to find the sweet spot is both costly in time and money that I’d rather keep. 

The kit costs money but once you have it you have it so to speak and I like being minimalistic in my approach I only climb with what I need, my harness consists of strop, my rope guide for TIP a small 1st aid kit and tool strop with saw anything else I need gets sent up. 

Ah the sj3 sounds like the one to have then , iv currently moved companies and the boss is willing to get me what I need to climb comfortable and what suits me not others , I was going to get the sj2.1 but if the 3 is better and has a lock off I'll give that a go, I usually use a cambium saver but I can remember seeing the rope guide so I'll pick that up too . I'm quite minimal too , I have my main line ,strop, saw and strop,and occasionally if I'm doing really big jobs I'll work off a pulley as my anchor ,thanks for your advice man [emoji106]