hakki pilke saw bar clogging problem???

jackchich

hi there i've just got me one of though 1x37 easy hakki pilke prossesors.

great bit of kit but i'm having the problem of the saw bar oil hole clogging with sawdust very regually. it can last 3 hours or 15 mins befor it makes an awful noise from lack of oil. sawdust is getting well and truly stuck in the bar oil hole.

i'm useing a jonsered bar and chain and cutting mainly ash.

anyone got this problem n know a solution?

i even tryed grinding a wider oil hole in the bar but it still gets clogged!!

cheers

jc

Just had same problem with carlton bar. When you move the chain along bar you must be able to see the sharks fin clearing the oil hole. Gone back to windsor bar with no problems. Check oil tank is not full off chips and emulsified oil. I pull my oil supply pipe off before ea session to make sure oil is flowing.

Some bars are to deep on the channel especially if the sprocket on a processor is larger than the one on a chainsaw, makes problem worse as it moves chain even further from channel.

The chain skips off as its getting very hot and expanding making it tighter will make it come off quicker.

Hope some off this makes sense if not let me know and i will try again.

yep been useing chain saws for years with little probs.

origon pro lite is the same bar and chain make i'm using. how about chain make? the chain fins don't go anywhere near the bar oil hole on mine to clean it? does yours? i'm using a 16" bar and chain???

i put my husky 15" bar and chain on it today and i had no probs cleaning the oil hole only prob was the bigger stuff not getting fully cut through.

next step is to modify my 16" bar!!