New rope for Zigzag

Backpain

Probably going over the old ground but can't find too much info on the Yale LimeLite rope. Is it suitable for a ZZ.

I'm looking for opinions on which rope maintain their shape under load. I'm not fussed about knotability or self tending for that matter.

Its more about how it feels on the hand grip wise.

I used Tachyon before which I thought was ok and felt like real quality rope but now I've researched it, Blue Tongue and Imori seem popular.

Does anyone know how LimeLite differs from these.

Its difficult to compare elongation, weight etc as not all sellers list all the details.....does Kernmantle work better than double braid?

I just wish New England HiVee worked in a ZZ, I used to love that rope.

Cheers

I’ve used Limelite on a Zigzag and it was good. Not too bouncy and kept it’s shape pretty well.

Marlow Venom which was developed for mechanical devices is durable and kept its shape really well but on the downside was really bouncy and not very nice on the hand especially when wet with very poor knot ability.

I’m currently on Tachyon which is has a great feel to it.

I've bought blue tongue as everyone was harping on about it with the zigzag... Bloody nice rope but doesn't self tend anywhere near as good as the 11.5s like tachyon or sterling scion etc , in turn those two ropes are very bouncy. So each to their own. On small climbs 13mm new england ropes are really nice on the hands and doesn't bother me with it not self tending . If you don't regularly do big stuff personally I'd advise the 13mm new england. If you're on biggens if go skinny for the self tending, I do like my blue tongue but for me it's just a middle ground rope with a high price...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New England agama is the 13mm I liked(very nice in hand, held it's shape). Be careful researching too much [emoji23] tree surgeon's are the most opinionated people on the planet and what works for them is the only way things should be done [emoji23]

P.s I'm right, don't listen to anyone else [emoji119]

I've 3 tachyons and they really are soft on the hands, great rope but they don't tend like the blue tongue does through a zigzag until you've got a bit of height behind you and the weight of the rope below starts assisting the tending, the blue tongue is slightly more rigid which is the reason it self tends better. The poison ivy was also a great rope on mechanical devices and the hands.

1 hour ago, kcstevens said:

I've bought blue tongue as everyone was harping on about it with the zigzag... Bloody nice rope but doesn't self tend anywhere near as good as the 11.5s like tachyon or sterling scion etc , in turn those two ropes are very bouncy. So each to their own. On small climbs 13mm new england ropes are really nice on the hands and doesn't bother me with it not self tending . If you don't regularly do big stuff personally I'd advise the 13mm new england. If you're on biggens if go skinny for the self tending, I do like my blue tongue but for me it's just a middle ground rope with a high price...

16 minutes ago, Marula said:

I've 3 tachyons and they really are soft on the hands, great rope but they don't tend like the blue tongue does through a zigzag until you've got a bit of height behind you and the weight of the rope below starts assisting the tending, the blue tongue is slightly more rigid which is the reason it self tends better. The poison ivy was also a great rope on mechanical devices and the hands.

Two completely opposite opinions on the blue tongue and tachyon.:001_smile: No offence to the two posters I hope you don't mind me just pointing out how difficult it can be to recommend equipment in this industry.

If it's any help to the op:001_smile:, we have tried imori out in the past with a zz, didn't tend as well as the tachyon but felt grippy in the hand. Sorry no specs on the rope or limelite as we don't sell it.

Two completely opposite opinions on the blue tongue and tachyon.:001_smile: No offence to the two posters I hope you don't mind me just pointing out how difficult it can be to recommend equipment in this industry.

If it's any help to the op:001_smile:, we have tried imori out in the past with a zz, didn't tend as well as the tachyon but felt grippy in the hand. Sorry no specs on the rope or limelite as we don't sell it.

Yes but as KcStevens said, "my opinion is right" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji1360]. I don't think you can go wrong with a tachyon or blue tongue in all honesty, as for the imori, I've never tried one but I've heard good things about it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...