Lawn sausages

Jon Lad

Does anyone else get this.

You go to look at / do a job.

The customer takes you through into the garden, absolutley riddled with dog eggs everywhere and says something like, "I'm sorry about this, I haven't been out to clean up out here yet" As though it has all appeared overnight.

I'm thinking to myself "What since the dog was born you mean?"

I just can't believe the number of gardens, sometimes at mega properties, I've been to that were just private dog toilets. And they expect you just to accept it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worse one i was in was at a mansion with range rover sports and a porche in their wood shed, they had 3 huge great danes and i dont think they had ever picked up a doogy doo, OMG even the gardener had been driving round them in the ride on, i didnt fancy dragging the 50foot of welly that had snapped onto their lawn through all that crap:thumbdown:never did get the job:thumbup:

A mate of mine went to do a job one morning. The back garden was littered in dog cakka. He knocked on the back door and told the customer they couldn't do the job with all the messages his pooch had left for them.

The bloke gets really apologetic and flustered, and comes out in his business suit. He keeps saying sorry and starts picking up all the crap, old and new, off the lawn WITH HIS BARE HANDS and chucking it onto the flower beds! My mate Rich said he almost spewed.

I always ask if it would be at all possible to clear the dog foul at least 2 days before . And also not let the dog foul again without picking it up straight away . Other wise if theres mess on the morning of the job I will walk . I have been known to pick the odd one up but it is not on really .:lol:

Same here. There's nothing worse than doggy doo on your spikes half way up a tree. stinks like hell.

I did agency work for a week strimming the verges of St Malo for a council contractor in 2008.

It rained all week too.

I had to strip off all my kit and wash in disinfectant before going to lunch or home.

So foul when it hits your face... even with a visor and specs on...

I also hate having to weed where cats go...

This is true, I kid you not. I went to a place about 2 or 3 years ago, married couple, teenage kids, I had to go through the house to get to the back garden, I was having to dodge the dog crap walking through the living room :ohmy:

Now that is funny!:lol: Not at the time though I bet.