AA Tech Cert

silvafox

Has anyone got or tried to get the AA Tech Cert. I might be interested in it but could do with some experienced opinions/pointers.

I've looked at the ABC Awards site etc but I'm still in the dark about basic stuff such as course venues, duration and attendance requirements. I've contacted some of the colleges ABC say do the course but in actual fact they don't!

I'm based in the Midlands area and would hope not to have to travel too far too often or take too much time off work. Maybe this puts the kibosh on it?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silvafox, I got my Tech Cert last year from Myerscough, . They did it as a night class (4hrs 1 night a week and a pile of reading in own time), they do on line stuff now, might be worth a look. The reading list is a monster, especially if you don't have some of the books already. If you are interested I can let you have my edited version.

If you follow the link below and go to the "approved centres" pdf in the level 3 arb section, there might be something near enough for you,

http://www.abcawards.co.uk/land.php

I'm looking into this too. I reckon if I start the reading now it would ease the burden during the course and get a better understanding by reading it twice... the trouble is which bits to concentrate on because it would take me a life time to get through a reading list like that, cover to cover.

Is the course heavy on mathematics? Every course I've ever done included a module on statistics but I can't see it on the syllabus.

I did the course last year, at Westonbirt it was every Monday. I gave up on the course three quarters of the way through due to me moving from Staffordshire to Surrey. The course is excellent, the teachers were great i learned so much in the time i was there.The course is highly recognized. The only thing i can say is i struggled with the traveling it was 11 by the time i got back of a evening and I'd leave at about 8:30 in the morn. I struggled for money with loosing a day's wage and to pass the course the amount of research and work you had to do per week with my lack of knowledge was ridiculous with a full time job and my horses and the kids at the week end. I didn't stand a chance. If you can dedicate your life to the course for a year then it is well worth it. I plan to do the course again next year as i still have all my notes! I'm working through them in my own time.