Arb show feedback

john andrews

I had a mixed show but not all negatives were down to the AA.

The layout I found really confusing and felt I was missing a lot of little islands of tents and just didn't flow for me. That being said many others appear to have navigated the site well and perhaps my misjudgements came from one too many 'stump grinder beers' which was lovely by the way. There were some fantastic talks on this year I'm told but I never got to see them as I had the wife and kids with me (not your fault).

Next year I'm now looking to come on Friday for the seminars and the Saturday with the family looking at kit. Just didn't feel there was enough time to do both.

The atmosphere also appeared to be lacking on Saturday, don't know why just didn't get great vibes from it.

Overall I had a better experience last year (in the nice weather) but this wasn't your fault, mostly mine.

Oh and the kids loved the zip line[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was one of the best I had been to as far as lay out was concerned...obviously the weather always plays a big part in how a show is...I came down on the Friday night and meet up with all the usual suspects and met a few new faces.but there were quite a few good lads missing which hopefully won't happen to often..went to the show on the Saturday (o and I did pick up an Echo long reach hedge cutter at forest and Arb and lime to thank them for the great deal they gave me.totally agree with you Kev shame camping can't be right next to the show but may be we are being picky.

Altough i enjoyed the show i feel like there was something missing.there wasnt any central attraction or some stuff to make the show more exciting for others such as pole climbing,carving or rigging demos etc.like previous years.saying that the show was well organised thanks for all the hardwork to make it happen 👍🏼

Kev, Jake, 5 Shire and Mr Oz, thanks for your posts here and apologies for the delayed reply as I was with Network Rail all yesterday n travelling etc.

I'm in Head Office today so will endeavor to get some more accurate information to feedback...but this is reliant on us having received info from Westonbirt (re-visitors nos.) and agreed dates (re-2018 event.)

Cheers,

Paul

Kev, Jake, 5 Shire and Mr Oz, thanks for your posts here and apologies for the delayed reply as I was with Network Rail all yesterday n travelling etc.

I'm in Head Office today so will endeavor to get some more accurate information to feedback...but this is reliant on us having received info from Westonbirt (re-visitors nos.) and agreed dates (re-2018 event.)

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks Paul for getting back and also for putting on a great show this year,personally I thought is was really good and well laid out,you can't please all the people all of the time and it's unfair to for people to keep comparing it with the APF.the Arb Show is annually so more difficult to do anything much different p,keep up the good work and I know the majority of us Tree huggers look forward to the show every year.i have already booked my B&B for next year.

Thanks Paul for getting back and also for putting on a great show this year,personally I thought is was really good and well laid out,you can't please all the people all of the time and it's unfair to for people to keep comparing it with the APF.the Arb Show is annually so more difficult to do anything much different p,keep up the good work and I know the majority of us Tree huggers look forward to the show every year.i have already booked my B&B for next year.

Thanks "5 Shires," we really do appreciate you taking the time to post here but, more importantly, we're really pleased to hear you enjoyed the show and it worked well for you...and many others :thumbup1:

You're right about the APF, which is a fantastic show / event, but, unlike ARB Show, it isn't every year and it isn't 'arb specific', albeit an increasing presence of such. We honestly do try to do the best with the resources we have available...but that's not to suggest we can't improve which of course we always try to do.

Regarding "dates for 2018", subject to confirmation by Westonbirt (so a big "BUT"), it will be the same weekend, i.e. 11/12th May (2018.)

Thanks again,

Paul