Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skyhuck

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The insurance will only cover removing the tree from the garage, not removing it from site. I've had this happen before, the insurers offer part of the invoice and the homeowner refuces to pay the rest cos they accepted the quote on the basis that the insurance would cover it.

You must word the invoice in favour of the actual work not the transport costs.

If the managment knew what their employees were doing they'd go mental. Imagine the lawsuit "yes milud, i did have a qualified and insured tree surgeon lined up but the insurer recommended I use a local teacher instead!"

Send a letter to the managment, saying how un profesional you think it is, copy in the press officer too.

You're right... unbelievable.:thumbdown:

The insurance will only cover removing the tree from the garage, not removing it from site. I've had this happen before, the insurers offer part of the invoice and the homeowner refuces to pay the rest cos they accepted the quote on the basis that the insurance would cover it.

I see, thats useful to know. Thanks

You must word the invoice in favour of the actual work not the transport costs.

This is normally the case, but these insurers will pay NOTHING!!, as my customer said to them, is he supposed to just live with the tree on his garage??:confused1:

I was doing an insurance job today, a client who owns a section of a small river had a flood which brought loads of crap down and left it lying everywhere, whole trees and stuff. several other trees were left totally under-mined and will soon fall.. onto neighbours house. All the insurer will pay for is the removal of the stuff from the drive. And they had to haggle hard to get that.

We renewed our house cover recenty, many policies are really cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for.

definatley contact the management, these guys on the phone sound like idiots and it is reflecting on the company, if it was mine i wouldnt be chuffed, as an example, i went to a cafe the other day and bought 4 coffees, when i asked for a box to put them in the girl came back from th kitchen and said that would be an extra £1.95. she looked really embarased and i laughed and said no thanks, then i spilt most of my coffee taking it back to the lads, now in the last week i have told loads of folk this story and each of them were gobsmacked. then today the owner of the restaurant/coffee shop calls me up to look at the job, so i go in to see meet him, he gives me a free coffee, we have a wee blether and go with him and his business partner to look at the job. As i am leaving i turn around and tell them what happened last week as i thought they were 2 really descent guys and their coffee shop is excellent but i had vowed i wouldnt go back in through principle, they both hit the roof, saying no way, i told them yes. they ask me who it was and when and both go straight onto their mobiles. i came back into the shop with the quote 5 mins later and they have solved the problem, the young girl had shouted through to the kithchen for a chip box,(he thought with chips in it not empty) the guy in the chippy(its joined on)told her to ring up £1.95 on the till to keep it right. so there was the problem, comunication. now the 2 guys were really glad i told them and apologised and asked if i would start using them again and i said of course, even if i dont get the job of the trees, there coffee is excellent, but a simple mistake of someone probably on minimuim wage could of cost them a lot of money...

This is normally the case, but these insurers will pay NOTHING!!, as my customer said to them, is he supposed to just live with the tree on his garage??:confused1:

I have been to a few 'insurance' emergency jobs only to find the customer has had to pay the full amount for everything since tree damage was not covered on there policy.

Some insurance companies have paid out to also remove the tree completely but most like others have said will only pay to make it safe or remove off the immediate damaged property so it can be assessed and repaired.

Always worth reading the small print on any insurance policy you take out(although I CBA:blushing:)

A mates sister worked for royal sunalliance in the motor policy section. She said there policy was to pay out in nearly all cases. Some of the claims they had were commical, still paid though :thumbup1:

Goes to show is it worth saving a few quid on getting the cheapest insurance company?