Lombardy-Crane-Removal

RC0

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a very nice job I luv crane work , I just arent keen on the trees that need them

I would have been a tad nervous watching him slew past that bungalow mind .. Was the timber single stropped ?

iain

Always double....more for security and stability rather than strength. Thanks

Reg, empty your PM box at da Buzz.....Here's what I wrote, no problem posting it in public here....

I was two hours late putting in a bid on a giant cottonwood (140 footer, 65" dbh) removal, so the city rejected it..I was low by abt $1700 at $10k. Asplundh was by far the highest at $34,000!!....The job requires a 100 ton crane, weekend only. I figured we could brush the tree craneless on a Friday, and keep a lane open for buses. Prevailing wage requirements, etc etc....flaggers, traffic control...a real pain the ass tree.

The other tree is privately owned, but is wider and maybe taller, with maples under it, so needs to have 80-100% of the brush craned out...which means two days with the crane...Easy $8000 crane bill or more.......$460 hr on Sunday...Certified flaggers have to be paid double time on Sunday. I don't know if I'll bother giving the folks a bid...as I was thinking, if I got the jobs, that we could fly through both trees in two days with the crane, plus portions of two days brushing the one and part of the biggie...some of that time we'd be parked in a driveway, and need no flagging....

For just the tougher tree, I'd bid $20,000. $17,000 maybe.... The winnning bidder on the city tree may not realize how much harder the private tree is, and bid less than that.