Klima-Air

AJarb

have never waxed them and never will wax them, no need to in my opinion:thumbup:

All leather needs treating. Full stop.

My living room suite gets conditioned once a year and always looks as fresh as the day it was made. Even with 2 little boys. I know of other people who bought leather sofas after us who don't treat them and they are looking tired and sagging. Worn in some places.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ady, Im just getting a pair of tirols run in at the moment, first time ive had "expensive" boots, and will definately go back to cheaper ones!

As for waxing/protecting I do intend to keep them right as its not all about waterproofing them, waxing also "conditions" and "feeds" the leather and therefore should keep it more supple and last longer.

Once broken in they are cracking boots but my first pair was a very painfull experience!!when they last you three times longer though you might go back!! only reason i gave up on my tirols after two years i had just worn the front compleatly away,still could of had them resoled maybe even repaired... a pair of hiaxs last me 6 months,cant be resoled so i would always buy the so called expensive boots cheap is not always cheap imo!?

Ady i have put quite a few saws in ppe:blushing: have admitted it before and got slated,personally in conditions of a gang where bonus's and rushing to meet rates scheduals and just generally been busy *****s thing like that will happen,in five years though since been self employed i have been very carefull not too!!

fair point matt, well said,

knew i was opening myself up for abuse when i posted the pics,,, wasn't expecting "negligence" to be bandied around though..:thumbup:

Ady when i posted regarding "Negligence" i was sharing an experience that i was envolved in whilst working for a company in devon . I personally would not call you "Negligent" as it would be completely unfair due to the fact that i was not there when the incident happened and secondly because you are still relatively new to climbing etc.

I did not aim to offend you in any way .

But if i did im sure you will get over it :sneaky2::lol:

Once broken in they are cracking boots but my first pair was a very painfull experience!!when they last you three times longer though you might go back!! only reason i gave up on my tirols after two years i had just worn the front compleatly away,still could of had them resoled maybe even repaired... a pair of hiaxs last me 6 months,cant be resoled so i would always buy the so called expensive boots cheap is not always cheap imo!?

Matty, i need a big OOOOPS there! Just reading it back i missed an important word I thought i had put in! Here it is reading how I meant it;

Ady, Im just getting a pair of tirols run in at the moment, first time ive had "expensive" boots, and will definately NOT go back to cheaper ones!

As for waxing/protecting I do intend to keep them right as its not all about waterproofing them, waxing also "conditions" and "feeds" the leather and therefore should keep it more supple and last longer.

Sorry about that, was rushing out when i typed it!

Just to expand, my boots are getting easier to use and Im getting more used to them too but having said that, I wouldnt say they were uncomfortable out of the box. Quite the opposite in fact, but as for the treatment, Im sure it helps massively to soften the leather initially and must lengthen life too IMO

Ady when i posted regarding "Negligence" i was sharing an experience that i was envolved in whilst working for a company in devon . I personally would not call you "Negligent" as it would be completely unfair due to the fact that i was not there when the incident happened and secondly because you are still relatively new to climbing etc.

I did not aim to offend you in any way .

But if i did im sure you will get over it :sneaky2::lol:

dave,, was tongue in cheek comment,,,:thumbup:

am over it,,,i understood where you were coming from,,,,, penzance right??:biggrin: