which tree shear

John Shutler

No I certainly wouldn't, a lot handier to transport and pack a lot more punch than many would give them credit for.

It will do some serious work in a shift.

Eddie.

I'm in a good position for moving kit around as I have a 185hp Massey and trailer but didn't want a large machine as it might be overkill for some work and be to big for smaller sites

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a good position for moving kit around as I have a 185hp Massey and trailer but didn't want a large machine as it might be overkill for some work and be to big for smaller sites

If you can move it no issues, get the 8 tonner first as last. Easy to hire in a 3 tonner for the little jobs, and an 8 will cover almost all of 5 to 13 easily.

Most should be double piped and more about steel tracked which is the way to go and put clip on rubbers if you need them.

More Shear choice too including new exac one with rotate grip and cut in one unit.

Eddie

John if you are going for a 5 ton machine then I'd have the Tigercut, basically a selector grab with shear .

As for 10" on a 3 toner I would never of thought the machine could put enough power into it for that to work.

For small stuff I'm enjoying my energy head as I can work close in and over fences where as on a fixed head I'd need to be at full stretch to achieve it.

I have a spare blade and plan on changing the paddles on my demo grab to a timber grab and add the blade.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1488147566.259877.jpg.2e7a947876cd91435c8f6f690ed092f1.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1488147534.728812.jpg.65286db7a6ce01b19589ebbc23f74012.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1488147550.417031.jpg.09cbaaedbc60815f926a7dab2cb5db9c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We are on a beast of a Hawthorn hedge at the moment and it's cutting all I can cram into the cutting area of the Jaw (each side of the blade). Haven't tried it out on straight 250mm stem but a bunch of medium sized stems or union it cuts through pretty reliably. My machine is running at 225 bar will try to get some more pictures and some video of some cuts for you tomorrow

We are on a beast of a Hawthorn hedge at the moment and it's cutting all I can cram into the cutting area of the Jaw (each side of the blade). Haven't tried it out on straight 250mm stem but a bunch of medium sized stems or union it cuts through pretty reliably. My machine is running at 225 bar will try to get some more pictures and some video of some cuts for you tomorrow

How is that piped? You appear to only have the one set of hoses, I thought you needed one set for the grab and another for the blade?, or do you have abdiverter in the cab?