will amateurs accidents reflect on our insurance

Stephen Blair

yeh absolutly i agree , my freinds been a landscaper for a number of years an does small trees within his capabilities, but this week hes asked to borrow a saw to fell a poplar , ! it did make me a bit angry as ive spent thousands on training, equipment etc and then he gets jobs felling trees ? no qulifaications no insurance for that , it really is annoying that peolple think they can just cut it down just like that , needless to say im not lending my saw and im now doing it for him !

if he usually does small trees within his capabilities then surely he is qualified and insured to do so??????:sneaky2:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if he usually does small trees within his capabilities then surely he is qualified and insured to do so??????:sneaky2:

No Frank, i know what he means, i know a landscaper that does small conny's and trees etc, no basic chainsaw ticket, no training so no insurance to use one. He dont even know about sharpening and kick back etc!

You will be suprised how mant "Landscapers" dont know about chainsaw tickets, cos you can get them from B+Q they think you just go use em as you would a spade. There not all the same but most i have come across near me are.

Edited by Ian C

yeh when a say small trees i mean small trees like pruning friut trees etc and hedge work ,that are within the capabilities of a gardner but as with every job sometimes something bigger comes up that people dont want to turn down (wrong i know) he does have insurance but i doubt it covers for felling tees , i wonder how many people on here have there cs 40,41 (dismantling ticket ) and if you were to injury yourself taking a tree down would you still be insured as technically your not qualified to do so ? please correct me if im wrong:confused1:

This has been an on going topic with the lad in eastbourne that died last year as he was dismantling a willow and hse are now saying he wasnt qualified to do so ? SO does this mean with a cs 39 you can cut a branch off but thats it ? its all very confusing :confused1:

No Frank, i know what he means, i know a landscaper that does small conny's and trees etc, no basic chainsaw ticket, no training so no insurance to use one. He dont even know about sharpening and kick back etc!

You will be suprised how mant "Landscapers" dont know about chainsaw tickets, cos you can get them from B+Q they think you just go use em as you would a spade. There not all the same but most i have come across near me are.

yeah, i know loads of them, was just being sarccy. haha

yeh when a say small trees i mean small trees like pruning friut trees etc and hedge work ,that are within the capabilities of a gardner but as with every job sometimes something bigger comes up that people dont want to turn down (wrong i know) he does have insurance but i doubt it covers for felling tees , i wonder how many people on here have there cs 40,41 (dismantling ticket ) and if you were to injury yourself taking a tree down would you still be insured as technically your not qualified to do so ? please correct me if im wrong:confused1:

This has been an on going topic with the lad in eastbourne that died last year as he was dismantling a willow and hse are now saying he wasnt qualified to do so ? SO does this mean with a cs 39 you can cut a branch off but thats it ? its all very confusing :confused1:

I have cs 40/41 and yes your right cs39 lets you cut branches, HSE would say your NOT qualified to dismantle without a cs41. Having the tickets though dont make you any good, i'm not in Reg coats or a few on here league and i dont pretend to be but i can hold my own and do what i need to and if i cant i get someone that can.

I have cs 40/41 and yes your right cs39 lets you cut branches, HSE would say your NOT qualified to dismantle without a cs41. Having the tickets though dont make you any good, i'm not in Reg coats or FRANKS or a few others on here league and i dont pretend to be but i can hold my own and do what i need to and if i cant i get someone that can.

:lol::lol::thumbup1: Thats a nice thing to say about me, cheers mate.

I have cs 40/41 and yes your right cs39 lets you cut branches, HSE would say your NOT qualified to dismantle without a cs41. Having the tickets though dont make you any good, i'm not in Reg coats or a few on here league and i dont pretend to be but i can hold my own and do what i need to and if i cant i get someone that can.

yeh absolutly id do the same as id like to think i have a decent amount of commomsense and dont go beyond my limits , .

the silly thing is i took down an ash on friday that was smaller than some branches ive cut off ? i dont have th 40 so doe mean i shouldnt have done it ?

The trouble with the HSE stats is that they record any accident involving a tree as arboriculture when at least a (good sized) portion of them should read landscaper got out of his depth with a chainsaw.

thats cool log holder on your avatar..i take its for hold sticks for cross cutting logs?

Where did you get it from?