how'r we supposed to compete

DN22 Gardening

Its my understanding that if you act with due diligence and record that by way of a written risk assesment, then you cannot be prosecuted or sued for negligence.

Unfortunately, you can always be sued for lots of things, especially since the advent of Conditional Fee Arrangements, more commonly known as "No win, no fee". In these cases, if you are sued and lose in court, you could end up paying not only the costs of the person suing you, but also the "bonus" agreed by their legal team, which could be twice their original fee.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear,(yawn), simple....if one thinks they dont need, then maybe they might have to,TO SATISFY A CLIENT, I,personaly would take a big step back, then evaluate my aproach into a risk environment,lest I (and I don't swear online)! frcushtumpfhh'ed up! me now finished on this thread! this has gone on furthur than my lovely poem!!!

I was faced once with the comment "that's a bit steep"! I came back with "you'll happily pay your garage upwards of £375 for one man to service your car in half a day but you won't give me £450 for three men for a whole day doing dangerous dirty work for which I have to get insurance for"

That has worked in the past, otherwise take it on the chin and walk away, that's business for you.

Bang on mate that's my bug bear as well!!!! Don't get me started now!!!

Fair enough, there is/was a very mature oak up the road that someone looks like they made a bad attempt at a mono/top/lop/pollard/reduction Im not sure who did it but there was a few vans from a well known national (aaac) comapny going past the other day, but I hope for the love of god they didnt do it. I will get some photos when I get up there next. But mabye you did it on the way!