Oak Removal

liamjordan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its hard for me to take conservation seriously when there is a wooden clad house in the back ground, a bt pole to the right and a fence n stabs around the field. that tree will coppice away and do just fine, in the grand scale of things maybe the tree could of had its life extended, but what would that involve. a future of site meetings, 5 guys quoting every time, the cheapest guy from 100miles away getting the job and all this time thousands of miles of vehicles burning fuel to extend the life of an oak tree to help the environment. and guess what, in 50years time it would be felled, why not fell it now, replant and forget about it, in another 50 years hey presto some more fuel.

Your elequent portrayal of the reality of this situation, is well founded on the truth of the matter Mr Blair.

I'm no conservation expert, but I do have respect for the proffessors that tell us that climate change & associated species range adaptation, coupled with the diminishing geneology stock of our much loved Brittish natives is something to be concerned about.

The Mayans and Incas, thought they were tamers and masters of the forest, guess what.........their great cultures died out not long after they cut down all their Trees.

The bigger picture is something we all need to have an eye on.

That's partly why this site and others like it might just unite us silvian brothers to play our part.

That feeling we all get at the end of the day after either breaking our backs felling a brute or reducing a big old lump, or planting a hill side with the next generation......well thats not just the self respect afforded by doing an honest days graft, it's also the pride we have of working, nurturing and respecting the land that our ancesters helped develop over millenia.

Lets not just think of the now :001_smile:

i have sold 2 machines both which had 240hp 6 cylinder diesel engines, and i covered approx 200miles a week in them and added up thousans of pto hrs, tranporting green waste all over my area. now i run one van, remove NOTHING from site, i create log piles, habitat and compost heaps in customers gardens. I very rarely work further than half a mile from home. 1 tank od diesel lasts me a month. my wife uses 10 pounds petrol a week now aswell. We are installing a log burner and i am seriously thinking on starting working with pigs/goats/chickens and worms for land clearing, fertilising and composting. While we are cleaning out our marmite pots with hot water made from gas to save the planet the alaskans are mopping up oil with seal pups. I am not condoning any behaviour, i am just saying it the way it is, the world will always be just fine, mother nature has plenty of time, we as humans dont, so maybe we dont belong here. unfortunately we are down rd that we probably cant turn around on, maybe slow the journey but not stop it. if we wanted to save the planet the folk in charge would just pull the plug on the power stations and oil refineries. job done, that isnt going to happen, making flush cuts and dead wooding an old lime in a field wont help either, it may make us feel better but thats about it.

i have sold 2 machines both which had 240hp 6 cylinder diesel engines, and i covered approx 200miles a week in them and added up thousans of pto hrs, tranporting green waste all over my area. now i run one van, remove NOTHING from site, i create log piles, habitat and compost heaps in customers gardens. I very rarely work further than half a mile from home. 1 tank od diesel lasts me a month. my wife uses 10 pounds petrol a week now aswell. We are installing a log burner and i am seriously thinking on starting working with pigs/goats/chickens and worms for land clearing, fertilising and composting. While we are cleaning out our marmite pots with hot water made from gas to save the planet the alaskans are mopping up oil with seal pups. I am not condoning any behaviour, i am just saying it the way it is, the world will always be just fine, mother nature has plenty of time, we as humans dont, so maybe we dont belong here. unfortunately we are down rd that we probably cant turn around on, maybe slow the journey but not stop it. if we wanted to save the planet the folk in charge would just pull the plug on the power stations and oil refineries. job done, that isnt going to happen, making flush cuts and dead wooding an old lime in a field wont help either, it may make us feel better but thats about it.

Blah blah blah blah blah , wake me up when he has finished his rant :001_smile: