Help with Idents please.

Gary Prentice

So you're both saying that Picture 1, of post 4, is Laetiporus sulphureus? Sorry, I should have labelled everything to avoid confusion. I would be really surprised if it is that.

I know it'll lose colour with age and the photo may not show it, but it's bone white, under the algae covering. It's really resupinate and crust like, with no indication that it ever grew as a bracket. I couldn't lift it away from the tree to see beneath at all.

I have been looking at Lati onthis site Laetiporus sulphureus, Chicken-of-the-Woods, identification which doesn't show anything like.

The site's twenty odd mile away and was only visiting for a tender, If the weathers fine over the weekend and I get time, I'll go back and try to find it again.

I'm not convinced it's Laetiporus Gary, but I wouldn't rule it out.

That's why I'm agreeable with Chris's Id, based on that image.

I would want to see more detail of that example, like wider context

I'll do what I can, it's bugging me now.

I'm glad you're not convinced, I'm not either, but to question your (and Kveld's) idents feels like answering (mycological) God back:lol:

Anyway, the sites near Wolsley Woods/Old Warke Dam, a site with loads of old beech and lots of Gano's, so a morning out is in order. Every time I drive around the M60 I wish I could spare an hour for a wander but I'm always at work.:thumbup1:

• 5 months later...

These picture appeared on my Facebook feed, a local walker took the pics, help me look knowledgeable (against the odds!) by identifying them.

Pretty sure that the black ones are daldina concentrica or cramp balls.

The bracket is a ganoderma, but what's the pancake one in the first pic? Thanks in advance.

These picture appeared on my Facebook feed, a local walker took the pics, help me look knowledgeable (against the odds!) by identifying them.

Pretty sure that the black ones are daldina concentrica or cramp balls.

The bracket is a ganoderma, but what's the pancake one in the first pic? Thanks in advance.

Need to know if the pancake has gills or pores.

If pores, then it's likely to be dryads saddle, if gills then something else.