Opinions on stump grinders

Ty Korrigan

Hi guys. As most of you know, Morbark is fairly new to the stump grinding market and are trying to break into the U.K.

The current smallest machine is 35" wide. I feel like if it was narrower it would maybe sell better in the U.K.

Everyone's opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Davie Harper

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Not just width David, you need to be price competitive. The Toro is great at £9500+VAT but if it can't get through that gate it's staying in the yard earning nothing.Build quality and local dealer backup all come into it. It has to be the whole package.

Regards,

Steve.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to Marco, I've found the Arblease specs to be wrong on a couple of machines.

The Toro spanks the Bandit on depth, height and swing BUT...... one is 29" wide and the other is 34"...you either get through a standard 2'6" garden gate or you don't.

My money's going Bandit.

Regards,

Steve.

Hopefully it is wrong, my rg25 is rated for twice that and you need that to completely get bigger stumps out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Rayco website does indeed quote 22" cutting depth, but it just depends where you start from. A little dig or grind first and you can get anything out.

I like the idea of minimal effort with a couple of levers on a track machine.

Had loads of trouble with creep on Friday and my shoulders hurt. Looking forward to easy street!

Regards,

Steve.

Not just width David, you need to be price competitive. The Toro is great at £9500+VAT but if it can't get through that gate it's staying in the yard earning nothing.Build quality and local dealer backup all come into it. It has to be the whole package.

Regards,

Steve.

Fully agree Steve. We are having discussions with Morbark on price at the moment. It is looking like we will reduce it as much as we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

There is no restriction on pedestrian grinders but the grinder would be at a rare angle 22" down, no wonder the engines go bang

Recently replaced the engine on mine. It was a 97 engine so didn't do bad lasting 20 years!

Obv better with the rear engine mounted bandits with the hyd heads for this reason?

Agreed, that why the 12 inch rated depth surprised me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app