vintage tractors and tree work

flatyre

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pimp a County up any way you like it's hard days work using it.

i would agree with this. My log splittler broke so borrowed a friends mf 35. Took me an hour to drive a journey that usually takes 20 mins.

Not much hydraulic power but it does the job, brakes arent too hot either.

Have driven a county a timber trailer on the road got it in to second and shat me pants, as there was so much play in the steering, and had to crawl back home in 1st gear!!

:thumbup:

Why do you say that ?

Steering can be a bit of a physical work out. The seat is best a bit of padding on some metal with a back at worst a metal seat with no back. To use the crane the controls of which are normally on the right side means you sit in a awkward way pull some leavers and get rocked around buy the roof mount. The windows are normally gone so you are a mixture of hot cold and deaf. The vibration through the seat isn't that bad but its noticeable.

Plus side it will go anywhere and it will always be worth a small fortune even if it looks like it's worked 20 hours a day since it was built.

Steering can be a bit of a physical work out. The seat is best a bit of padding on some metal with a back at worst a metal seat with no back. To use the crane the controls of which are normally on the right side means you sit in a awkward way pull some leavers and get rocked around buy the roof mount. The windows are normally gone so you are a mixture of hot cold and deaf. The vibration through the seat isn't that bad but its noticeable.

Plus side it will go anywhere and it will always be worth a small fortune even if it looks like it's worked 20 hours a day since it was built.

Oh, just wondered, ive owned 7 down the years and didn't find them that bad tbh.

It is possible to fit new seats. and windows. Turn on the spot on the brakes.

It was quite easy to fit a rotating seat in the flat decks.

Oh, just wondered, ive owned 7 down the years and didn't find them that bad tbh.

It is possible to fit new seats. and windows. Turn on the spot on the brakes.

It was quite easy to fit a rotating seat in the flat decks.

To be honest i'm not old enough to be a County man. Valmets and the creature comforts that come with them are my thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a ford 2000 for log splitting and the saw bench

And it depends if you want to class a mog as vintage?! Think my old girl is 1973 off the top of my head but she's out with chipper or trailer working for her living