Tree stump poisoning

Drikonus

Hi guys I was wondering what type of trees should be poisoned before grinding out. There are some resilient trees like robinia and they can still produce shoots from their roots even after grinding out. Any other trees I should be aware of?

How long to wait for the poison to take effect? I usually wait 6 weeks. I heard 2 weeks but that might not be enough?

Thanks for the replies.

L

Really depends on type of material, temperature, and overall health of what your trying to kill. This time of year I think every bit of two weeks could be much longer if you have a freeze before cutting and treating. Just make sure you cut as low as possible and cover all around the rim of the material so it can translocation through as much of the root system as possible.

easy-lift guy

Have had problems with rhus typhinia before, that shoots up suckers like nobodies business!

Are you using ecoplugs?

I'm keeping an eye on this, never having done it prior to grinding.

What experience have people with using herbicide prior to felling to reduce suckering?

Trees I'd treat would be tree of heaven Ailanthus Altissima, staghorn sumac Rhus Typhnia, poplars and robinia, what others?

Are you using ecoplugs?

Cheaper to use 50% glyphosate in same hole

We haven't left the EU yet Drikonus so you might not wish to advertise the use of a banned herbicide on a public forum!

I'm sure he's only using it to assist in composting the stump.

If I were doing it I'd have to get PA1 and resurrect my drench gun, a shot of glyphosate followed by a plug of clay should be effective.