Seasoning Logs..?

Tree Man Tom

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No prossesor, i have an axe and my trusty ms341 :)

OK, then if you're planning to do logs seriously you will need a log splitter at least - cheapest way is to make yer own. Then you can billet everything to speed up seasoning. I billet all my Oak and stack on pallets.

I started doing firewood with saw and axe, sooner or later you'll save up for a bit of mechanisation!

All the best with your enterprise.:thumbup:

OK, then if you're planning to do logs seriously you will need a log splitter at least - cheapest way is to make yer own. Then you can billet everything to speed up seasoning. I billet all my Oak and stack on pallets.

I started doing firewood with saw and axe, sooner or later you'll save up for a bit of mechanisation!

All the best with your enterprise.:thumbup:

Yes thats the plan, ideally i would like a small yard tractor with loader and splitter in years to come, although il stick with the axe for the mean time :)

Yep stacking on pallets is good. I would make a wall of split logs around the outside then just throw the rest in to the middle. When you get to the top make it dome shaped so when you throwover a small tarp(just to cover the top) the water will run off.This will only let the wall logs get wet which will dry out in no time.