Uniforest 35m tractor winch

Mick Dempsey

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a usefull accessory.

Cône de débusquage - Nicolas le forestier

And no, a traffic cone is no replacement...

Ty

I think our representative in North Wales sells those, Sion at Tread light forestry.

Much thicker than a road cone and worth the money!

Would my 12.5 Hp compact tractor be able to run one of those?

I've certainly sold a few to fit an 18hp Yanmar's & similar size Kubota's

The 35M (3.5 ton) has a Cat. 1 and 2 linkage. Weighing around 250kg with the cable

We can offer the 30M (3 ton) which is the slightly lighter model weighing around 200kg with the cable. This has a cat. 1 linkage but lacks a few of the features the 35M has (bottom pulley, chainsaw holder and tow hitch option)

First day on the job today, pulling over some pops and a decent ash that were overhanging some power lines, road, house etc.

Apart from a bit of an oops moment when the cable pulled itself out from the hook, luckily when we were dragging rather than felling.

We bodged it up, got the trees over and fixed it easy enough at home, with some pics and advice from Calum at Rico.

What I liked about it was its speed, so much safer on a tricky fell than my hydraulic landy winch.

Pleased anyway.