Secondary spikecender

Steve Bullman

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably already been discussed, I don't recall....but I was thinking last night if it would be feasible to mount a second ascender at the top of the shank of your spike rather than using a haas for a second ascender. Anyone tried this?

To what end Steve? So you can use an ascender on each foot? I doubt it'd work well. Heard of someone JB welding a pantin onto their spikes though. Think it worked well enough.

This has probably already been discussed, I don't recall....but I was thinking last night if it would be feasible to mount a second ascender at the top of the shank of your spike rather than using a haas for a second ascender. Anyone tried this?

Is this what you mean ? Youtube kiwi klimbers spikesender.cant upload the link,sorry.do check it out very clever

Might be an easy way to spike yourself/grate your spikes together? Have you tried a diy haas and just ditched the footloop, but attach croll etc to top of spike shank with a short loop? Still get a bit of separation then.

I think the placement of the ascender is the main issue, i have the KK on my Gecko spurs and in my thinking if it was mounted higher the spike could could catch the line. Unless of course there was an additional mount that would keep the rope away from the spike.

But then again, it never hurts to try something, as i am personally not too impressed with how the KK reacts.

if this is just a link to the kiwi spikescender then no thats not what i mean. I mean a top mounted one in conjunction with the KK spikescender

Maybe im not understanding this right but wouldnt that mean the 2 ascenders being so close to each other that you would be limited to taking baby steps up the rope