Arbortec Ascent Pro Boots

eddiegts

Ok so I’ve been looking around for a pair of non-protective climbing boots for a while now and have read all the reviews but I was still unsure of the ones to get. Then I came across the Arbortec Ascent Pro. I’ve only had them a short while and have done a few climbs in them.

When I first slipped them on they felt really light weight & comfortable. You can feel the high quality of the boot. The boot is in the lime green that you would see on most of Arbortec’s kit. I wore them around the office for the day & it was a real pleasure to have them on. I just hoped they were going to be a good climbing boot. On my first climb they definitely provided me with what I wanted from a climbing boot - plenty of grip from the Vibram sole, some flex in the boot but still providing ample support where you need it due to robust reinforced Italian leather. The laces are the full length of the boot & don't have any bits of metal protruding from the boot helping to stop any snagging.

I am going to use them when out surveying as well, as they seem to be very durable & have a Breathe Dry waterproof/ breathable membrane to help keep my feet dry!

A cracking pair of boots, I would highly recommend them. :thumbup:

I got a pair of these a few weeks back and I'm very happy with them. I still haven't as yet had a chance to climb in them though so cant comment on there performance there. In terms of everyday comfort though they have been bang on and look forward to be getting up a height in them eventually!!

Had the scarfell xer for nearly 2 years now and just got a pair of the fellhunters as fancied a pair of higher boots for when my knee ankle problems need a bit more support , actually just used them as hiking boots round arran for two weeks, very comftoble so if these non protective boots are anywhere as good I'll be getting a pair.

Omt is that the pruning spikes for silky only jobs : )

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk