CS100 Winch mount

I've been a member of the wee chipper club for a few months now, and it's a brilliant bit of kit, but, I'f finding loading and unloading it is a two man job.

I have bought a boat winch

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003SRL95M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00[/ame]

to mount on the front of it to allow me to load it safely in and out of the van on my own, and to help move it around awkward gardens. Has anyone else done the same, and if so, how have you mounted it? I'm currently thinking of getting a mounting plate welded onto it.

Many thanks, Tim.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Pete, I have thought of that (though I have gone cheap and spen £20 on a handle you turn type, not an electric one), but when I tried it with the winch in the van but it means I can't steer it while winching, so I was thinking that the winch on the chipper would be safer, also useful around gardens.

On slightly different note, I've lost a part of it (the small knob that holds the belt cover on), which must have shaken of on a job somewhere. Where is the best place to order wee parts from?

Tim

A chap in Grantham fixed a small winch to the front of his trailer and hooked onto his CS. Then he could guide the CS while operating the remote.

Was'nt me though I do live in Grantham !. But been thinking of the electric option for when I'm moving the tree busta about.

Rob

Tim,

I use a 1200 britpart winch, in the back of my truck. I asked the landy people who I bought it from if this was going to be a bit of over kill but they poured scorn on a cheap electric winch as they said it would work for a few months then pack up. So now I can pull trees over with it, apparently. Works well though with curved husqy ramps

I use a 1:4 mechanical advantage pulley-system for pulling the CS100 up ramps, steps and terrain.

The same as I use for pre-tensioning lowering lines in a Portawrap setup.

But I have mounted front wheels on my CS100, making it a bit easier to navigate.

For a while I considered mounting a cheap winch on the front of the CS100 (Battery powered, with front wheels), as it could be used to navigate up steep terrain, too.

400_SET81.jpg.8a8a1359fb89a6c37c4b149f0719317a.jpg

Edited by morten

I use a 1:4 mechanical advantage pulley-system for pulling the CS100 up ramps, steps and terrain.

The same as I use for pre-tensioning lowering lines in a Portawrap setup.

But I have mounted front wheels on my CS100, making it a bit easier to navigate.

For a while I considered mounting a cheap winch on the front of the CS100 (Battery powered, with front wheels), as it could be used to navigate up steep terrain, too.

Looks a tidy little set up where did you buy it?