Help with kiln transport

the village idiot

Hello All,

The time has come for Puffing Billy (my exeter charcoal retort kiln) to take a trip home for some TLC involving extreme heat and a big hammer.

My problem is that I am in Suffolk and I need to get the kiln to Exeter, where the upgrades will be carried out for free by the manufacturers. The kiln weighs in at 1300kg and I don't have a suitable vehicle, or licence, for that matter to do the transporting.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there with a landrover or flat bed transit type vehicle who had a day free and wanted to earn a few bob to do the couriering for me.

I will also need the kiln picking up again about two weeks or so after the drop off, and delivering back to Hadleigh, Suffolk.

I realise that you are all mega busy, but also know that you are good people who like to help out if they can. If anyone can help or knows of anyone who might be able to I would be eternally grateful.

All the best, Graham

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eggs,

I should be able to borrow a telehandler from the woodland owner to load. I will need to confirm with the engineering company in Exeter as to delivery day, although I suspect it will be fairly flexible.

Really appreciate the help, G.

I reckon you could be sorted, if you can agree on a price. Pm on it's way.

Hi Folks,

Thank you to those who have tried to find me a solution. Nothing sorted as yet. Here is my last throw of the dice.

I am more than happy to 'barter' the kiln transport. Two trips to Exeter and back from mid Suffolk in return for 15 cubic mtrs of split ash logs 9-10". These can be either for your own consumption or could be sold on for around £1500 (direct to the public). They will be ready to burn this winter and can be collected at your leisure.

If anyone is interested send me a PM

Failing this, look out for me dragging the retort behind me around the M25 like some demented World's Strongest Man competitor!

TVI.