Trouble with seller.

Gerbutt

Hello there

I was wondering what options I have when having trouble with a spare parts supplier? Before Christmas I needed some parts for one of my saws so I got a couple of prices. One was from a shop that's about an hour round trip away and the other from a chap who I'd dealt with before from eBay. The shop gave me a price with all parts listed, some of them were packs of ten screws, even though I only need a couple of each, but that was good because I like having spares. The eBay chap said he would match their price, and that included all the screws in the packs of ten because I made it clear I wanted them all. I ordered off him to save the trip to the shop to leave deposit and then having to go back to collect. It look ages for the parts to come through, about a month and when I received them, half were missing and he'd opened all the packs of ten, took a couple out and kept the rest. One of the things was a chain brake, two bushes and bolt to hold it on, which I payed for all for all of them, but it turned out the chain brake came with them all so that's all he sent. I phoned him to see what was going on and he said it was my fault for not realising the chain brake came with those parts, but the thing is he hasn't sent the extra bushes and bolts even though I've paid for them! I've asked him for a refund for the parts I've not received and he said he would look at it but every time I ring he just comes out with excuses why he hasn't. On one call he said it was all my fault and put the phone down on me. This has been going on two months now.

What is there that I can do?

Bit of a rant I suppose, which has been typed on my phone, so sorry if it's a load of gibberish!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

All you can do is learn your lesson.

Buy it from a dealer next time.

Surely he is a dealer isn't he? The bolts that came were taped to part of a bit of paper which showed different categories of discount Stihl gives dealers.

Name and shame him so that others don't fall foul perhaps?

Open a dispute with ebay?

Leave negative feedback?

Put it down to experience and move on?

Any or all of the above!

It wasn't through eBay, which is a shame because there wouldn't be this trouble. His does look like the biggest dealer of genuine parts on eBay though but he dealt with me once through email when I was getting a part so he could save on eBay costs.

It wasn't through eBay, which is a shame because there wouldn't be this trouble. His does look like the biggest dealer of genuine parts on eBay though but he dealt with me once through email when I was getting a part so he could save on eBay costs.

Well I know who that is then:biggrin:

If you pay for the parts, irrespective of the fact they are included in the handle pack, they should be supplied or the money returned for the unnecessary parts as the parts were not needed.

Say if the parts were for another saw, you may want the long bolt as a spare, just because it is included in another parts bag doesn't mean he should pocket the money and not supply the spare as ordered!

Not good!

It's a bit mad Spud, I got on really well with him before this and now he's just gone weird. One day I tried to ring him a few times and there was no answer so I rang from a mates phone and he picked up straight away, found out it was me, made some excuses and said he was sorting it, and then nothing! I notice on eBay he sells 3 bolts for £6, where as the pack of ten was only £7.20. I understand when he's just selling three on there but we came to the deal he would provide all the bolts for the same price as the other shop, but then kept them. There was an air baffle which he said he lost the first one so ordered another, then said he had it and was going to send it, but then I mentioned a refund for all the missing parts and that was it, he didn't send the baffle or give a refund! It's bonkers, he's as good as robbed me hasn't he!?