Ms200t issues

Ollie

Recently managed to get my 200t running nicely after changing pump diaphragm, fuel filter and giving it a clean and bit of a tune.

Started it today and its useless! It will start with choke on and is very smoky. It will just about idle but dies if I touch the trigger, even gently. Was running fine last week and now is a bag of $#!@

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Recently managed to get my 200t running nicely after changing pump diaphragm, fuel filter and giving it a clean and bit of a tune.

Started it today and its useless! It will start with choke on and is very smoky. It will just about idle but dies if I touch the trigger, even gently. Was running fine last week and now is a bag of $#!@

Sounds like too much fuel . Metering arm set correctly ?

Too much fuel sounds right. The level of fuel in tank seemed to be less after a short time running. How do you set the metering arm?

Spud or rich will be the best guys to give you the correct setting . One of them will be along shortly or you could give them a PM ....:001_smile:

The saw sounds like it is running very rich, has the H screw been adjusted?

It is possible the metering arm isn't set correctly - you need to put a flat edge across the body of the carb and make sure the metering arm is damn close or just kissing the edge.

It is possible the needle valve isn't sealing properly, it is also possible the diaphragm is the wrong one or you may have fitted the spacer gasket in the wrong place - it goes between the diaphragm and the carb body and NOT between the diaphragm cover and the diaphragm.

The L&H screw should be one turn out but the H screw may still have the limiter on it!

Was this the one I refurbed some time ago? If it is, you can send it in and I will do it for the price of the courier back and a crate of beer:thumbup:

Ive not touched the H screw. Saw's been very sensitive to having any dirt in air filter even since changing diaphragm, but a blow out and tweak of the L screw had it running like a dream all last week.

Its not a saw you've had in before (mores the pity!)

Ive not touched the H screw. Saw's been very sensitive to having any dirt in air filter even since changing diaphragm, but a blow out and tweak of the L screw had it running like a dream all last week.

Its not a saw you've had in before (mores the pity!)

OK, all good then - I did one for an Ollie but can't remember his user name:001_rolleyes::lol: