new winch

testcricket01

had this little job lined up for today and tomorow with the snow easy job just felling willows that are mostly stone dead, from honey fungus was my id, from the boot laces under the bark. got a electric winch finally used it today pulls well ill give it that :thumbup1: some of these willows were backleaning a fair way no struggle for it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCi6WGiqhM&list=UUzo9LoGjzU8kvWxI4WK_PIA&index=1&feature=plcp]willow tree fell - YouTube[/ame]

IMG_0085.jpg.010e389130e941daa10ed83f56553454.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i didnt want to mount it on the front because i never need 1 really so i just made it so i can clip it on and off, made the electric connections clip on and clip off so its a matter of 1 minute to get it on and off. its just a cheap 3000lb winch off ebay cant fault it though 2 wireless remotes aswell :thumbup1:

Good stuff james :) Did you have an old winch? and bought a new one or is this your first? seem to remember you using a winch before in a job/vid.....

a subby i bring in has a landy tipper with a hydraulic winch on the front, to slow for my likeing though. i have a hand winch but i wanted a winch that can pull fast and keep up the pace with the pulling which is vital in some situations. also im getting lazy and i like my gadgets just bought my first chipper also :thumbup:

a subby i bring in has a landy tipper with a hydraulic winch on the front, to slow for my likeing though. i have a hand winch but i wanted a winch that can pull fast and keep up the pace with the pulling which is vital in some situations. also im getting lazy and i like my gadgets just bought my first chipper also :thumbup:

excellent, what did you get?

I've had a chipper since nov 2010 best purchase ever! changed it sept 2011 for a 150 tw :D