Tuition fees 2012

alfie121

As you are probably aware, There has been alot of media focus on tuition fees on the rise starting sep 2012. To study a degree of arb now will cost £3370 in 2012 it will cost £6040. I am one of the fortunate ones that will be exempt from this high amount as i am currently studying this now. The fees i will en cure at the end of my study will be in the tune of £11,000. I hate having debt linger over me so the quicker i pay this of the better. This rise will cause a stir within the industry.

1) How will people be able to cope with a £22,000 worth of debt for studying?

2) Lectures will be pressured to deliver better quality of work as this will be double the price?

3) Should employers expect to pay double the amount to compensate the rise of fees?

In my eyes this will lead to a decrease in the profession as students will not want the debt and an increase in job opportunities for the future in our sector.

What are your thoughts?...

It's a serious concern. I was planning on doing the Scottish School of Forestry - Certificate in Forestry. Mainly to get me into the realms of being considered financially productive quickly. Now I'm wondering should I bypass it and go the HNC, HND, Degree route straight away. Or do the latter three mainly by distance learning where appropriate to cut costs (if it's possible)

Schooling, Kit, chippers, stump grinders, trucks, trailers, etc. are all considered INVESTMENTS!. Of course you have to also use your brains and have a plan of action to achieve your goals both short and long term. If it takes you longer to meet or exceed your goals or cost more money deal with it seriously!. If any one could be "financially productive quickly" there would be little or no incentive to do better in the future.

"Got to pay your dues if you want to sing the Blues and you know it don't come easy"

Ringo Star.

easy-lift guy

Its an investment I agree, but if you havent the money to invest in the first place?

I had to drop out due to costs (FdSc) 160 a month, 3 years, plus books, plus professional memberships, plus all the usual CPD/Books, stationary (printing was costing me a fortune on that course. I doubt i was spending less than 200+ a month.

I nearly lost my house over it!

So whilst I agree you have to speculate to accumulate, easy it aint because your effectively trying to live the CPD lifestyle of a consultant on a teaboys life(climbers wage)

I spent over a thousand just on short courses seminars last year, £500 on books and spent hundreds of hours travelling to study trees and fungi.

So does effort equal reward in this business, NO it does not, not by a long long country mile! and everyone knows the golden rule of investment, it has to give a return!