What stump treatment

Andymacp

if you got your PA6w just spray off with round up we use a 20% roundup solution direct on to cut stump normally hit a 98% kill rate in the worst of boggy swamps, one of the site we use this method has an alphabet of designations after it and they've never questioned the method

Same here, mainly on thorn scrub though :thumbup1:

I don't think spraying could work as there would be a chance of a drop landing in the water which would not go down well with sepa

Brush it on instead then :thumbup1:

Eco plugs look good but surely there too big to be using on small scrub.

I've brushed on and sealed with plastic before I wondered if it was deemed acceptable

true, no good on small stumps or scrub.

as already stated brushing it to freshly cut stumps works well, we used a chemical called woody was good, but near water course a roundup based chemical is approved for use.

We've been using Eco Plugs for the last year or so. Not had any problems with clients and I always guarantee our stump treatment (free re-treatment, if needed) so they have an incentive to let me know if not killed stump.

You can use them down to a surprisingly small diameter stem - about an inch or so.

FR Jones have the best price I've found - works out at 62p each inc VAT if you buy 100 at a time.

Make sure you buy the proper drill bit with the depth guide.

They are expensive, but our clients like them (I carry one with me when quoting) and you don't have to worry about rain, pets, children, watercourses or neighbouring plants. They look professional and our clients don't seem to have a problem with us charging properly to treat stumps.