Terms & Conditions for a gang of cutters

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those figures were current a long time ago. Shame rates for professional cutters do not increase and it's no surprise young people leave the woods.

With the price of fuel £200 a long working day would be more viable. I am sure "Climbers" would not work for the same rates.:001_rolleyes:

Agreed, I can have a far easier day doing arb work for invariably more money, but there's a glut of labour out there which drives down the prices.

Would you pay 200 a day?

Phytophtora ramorum job is it?

As Andy says it's worth considering a harvester if you can get one in. Seeing what they can do in a day compared to a gang is an amazing site to watch, if slighly sad from a cutters point of view.

As for a gang the rising cost of motoring to get to the job and the cost of kit/fuel is going to be putting the day rate of a cutter up.

I used 10 litres of fuel yesterday at 1.35. So thats £13.50 plus another £15 quid or so for the trip to and from site. Taking into acount insurances for trucks and pl. tax and machinery costs it cost a lot so tradinoal loggers idea of £200 quid a day isn't far off.

I try to get between 80-100 quid a day depending on what i'm doing.

Thought of paying by the stump rather than a day rate? Thought of getting some fresh CS31 cutters? Depends on the finish you want, might not be the best idea if saw logs with nice sqaure ends are required:001_tt2: