026 won't start with out spraying fuel into carb

mitchel

Hello,

I've got an 026 won't start unless spraying fuel into carb then dies tried changing impulse line no difference change fuel line and filter next? Or do a carb repair kit on it? Any help would be great

Work from tank filter to fuel line to carb to see if there is fuel getting to the carb before opening the carb up. Make sure there is no splits in the line as you go..simple first. Also background on when and how this has come about would come in handy.

Work from tank filter to fuel line to carb to see if there is fuel getting to the carb before opening the carb up. Make sure there is no splits in the line as you go..simple first. Also background on when and how this has come about would come in handy.

Yup, when you take the covers off the carb, note if there is fuel present under them. I would suspect that you will find fuel under the alloy single screw cover but not in the chamber under the diaphragm!

Sounds like the needle jet in the carb needs a tweak or is stuck. Take the four screw cover off, remove the diaphragm and lift the metering arm around 0.5mm and try again.

It is also worth removing the other cover and checking the gauze strainer.

Worth doing a carb kit on it first? Then fuel line?

Worth doing a carb kit on it first? Then fuel line?

I would normally just pop the carb out, take the covers off, inspect and pop it back, won't take long and you may not need parts. It is rare a carb MUST have a carb kit fitted, they sometimes go hard and sometimes parts wear to the point they need changing but not that often.

Have you cleaned the carb out it might look clean to your eye but once you have stripped completely and cleaned it. It should work I quickly cleaned someones 024 carb and that wouldn't rev up even after a quick clean but after a proper bath in the ultrasonic cleaner it ran perfect

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Have you cleaned the carb out it might look clean to your eye but once you have stripped completely and cleaned it. It should work I quickly cleaned someones 024 carb and that wouldn't rev up even after a quick clean but after a proper bath in the ultrasonic cleaner it ran perfect

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I've had the fuel going through the carb put the fuel line on the carb had the metering cover off pressed down open metering lever and blew through tank and fuel came out of the carb?

So confusing me this