Best all round tipper ideas

Thesnarlingbadger

Hi I am thinking of starting out by myself and just want people opinions of what would be a good stating wagon. I am looking at a budget of around 7k give or take a grand or two.

I am also going to need too have a chip box made up if I'm not lucky enough to find a truck with one already so would like an idea of cost (I am aware this is a 'how long is a piece of sting' question) but a rough idea would be a good starting place.

Truck wise I am open to all ideas really, just what peoples personal preferences are.

Thanks

:001_smile:

We used to run an LDV, I have to say, i was noisy, slow and not too comfortable, but it was cheap when we started out and it never ever broke down.

We now have an Iveco Daily. I get the impression from it that it won't be as reliable as the LDV, the interior trim is a bit questionable, but it has a fantastic motor and pulls like a train, pulls a full load of chip and a 1.3 tonne chipper with ease, seriously strong and built very well.

We had a bespoke chip box fabricated from GRP & ally and it came in at just shy of 2k. looks amazing, although my missus says it looks like a tesco delivery van!! She's got a point I s'pose! I'd say if you can afford it get one made professionally.

I would get another when needed

IMG_2575.jpg.2732845a220ee5d4d507a16415d78fe0.jpg

Thanks guys. I haven't heard much about the Ivecos but I do like the look of them. 2k is about what id be willing to pay to get a smart looking book on the back so I'm pleased to hear I'm thinking along the right kind of price line (trying to ask companies what it would cost is like trying to get blood out of a stone it seems).

Yeah the Cabstars have caught my eye and I think they seem like a good workhorse so thats one i will be looking in to more in depth. Have seen a couple with chip boxes already on but looking at the 16k mark, which is a little too steep as I have the chipper to sort out plus insurance and a few other bits, so its all about keeping costs low (within reason) at the moment.

Im going to be using the truck as a personal vehicle for the first year or so while i get the business off the ground, no point in paying for another car to begin with. so with that in mind I would like a bit of comfort, so unfortunately the LDV is out of the question but i have heard nothing but good things about there capabilities as a working truck.

Thanks again for the advise it has been noted.

we used to run an ldv, i have to say, i was noisy, slow and not too comfortable, but it was cheap when we started out and it never ever broke down.

We now have an iveco daily. I get the impression from it that it won't be as reliable as the ldv, the interior trim is a bit questionable, but it has a fantastic motor and pulls like a train, pulls a full load of chip and a 1.3 tonne chipper with ease, seriously strong and built very well.

We had a bespoke chip box fabricated from grp & ally and it came in at just shy of 2k. Looks amazing, although my missus says it looks like a tesco delivery van!! She's got a point i s'pose! I'd say if you can afford it get one made professionally.

I would get another when needed

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1432547138.550536.jpg.18d8269c7e352bc43795361ee5732c21.jpg