Pricing-HELP

SHELBY

Hello everyone im new to this forum so im sure this question has already been asked. Im keen to know what people/companys charge for hedgecutting. Im a groundmans on a private estate 4 days of the week and 2 days of the week i do my own general gardening work. Ive been recommended to someone by another customer about trimming up a confier hedge, its about 40ft long and stands at 4 meters. I have all the necessary equipment to do the job e.g sharp brushcutters, ladders, chainsaws if necessary and a big cage trailer to take the waste with me when im done and theres always 2 of us on a job. What would you guys out there charge to do this? Hourly rate or a day rate?

Thanks

Hourly rate hedge trimming £45 hour for two men this works well with smaller hedges but this one without seeing growth on it (not that you can hit them hard anyway) I would prob say £180-£220 check the width as the top can catch you out if you don't scout it out properly. As for kit you don't need a chainsaw for hedge trimming! Also if its a boundary hedge ask of they want the neighbours side doing as there usually make an appearance if there in and say "the side gates open for when you want to do my side" leaving you to be the one to say its not being done.. Shouldn't take a day mate. Ash

Thanks for that reply thats good to know, ive been told over the phone the hedge is quite overgrown and messy so i thought chainsaw might come in handy if theres some thicker branches hanging about, as for it being a boundary hedge yes is the answer and the guy also said the whole row of houses in the street have the same that need to be done! Should keep us busy for a while

Thanks for that reply thats good to know, ive been told over the phone the hedge is quite overgrown and messy so i thought chainsaw might come in handy if theres some thicker branches hanging about, as for it being a boundary hedge yes is the answer and the guy also said the whole row of houses in the street have the same that need to be done! Should keep us busy for a while

That's fair enough, need to get the question in about neighbours side then. That would be good to do them all but don't let him put you in promise land as this will get you thinking "go in cheap and ill be doing the lot" I made that mistake once and once only.