New addition to fleet...

Ty Korrigan

Nothing too exciting but crossed the channel on a 24h ticket to visit Iveco dealers daaan Saaaaffff and bought this one after beating the dealer down with hard stares, teeth sucking and alot of tyre kicking.:001_rolleyes:

Ex leasing from Hendy and very clean inside, a real pleasure to drive too but we'll see when its full of chip with a Quadchip 'derriere'

It cost us 30-40% less than the same truck in France believe it or not.

Going to get Auld Rab our groundy to help us build a detachable chip box as we do alot of landscaping work too.

Deal done and so whilst it was being prepared we set off to Honey Bros where no teeth sucking was required to hand over another few grand for the Winters supplies.:001_rolleyes:

We are poorer for the minute but richer in the long term as we know that if you don't speculate then you can't accumulate.

This and our recent Quadchip should help us turn a coin or two.:thumbup1:

First outing for the truck is on Tuesday for a 3 day Lawson extravaganza!

Ty

597661be3de22_2012-09-2111_16_27.jpg.aa4a8880e801aa1bb0bb0954c5a58046.jpg

Hello,

I'm still in Blighty for the weekend whilst Seb has gone back to France in the truck via LD lines as Brittany Ferries are on strike...again.

The truck is a 3.5t so good with our new Ifor plant trailer which we bought as there is a local rental company who gives us a super low rate on plant hire for landscaping.

I'll call the dealer for the codes for the keys in case one gets lost...

Thanks for the mail Jammy:thumbup1:

Shopping today, Tescos for goodies not found in France, bought a pasty in Chichester hhmmmm!

Then visited bookstores as kindles are fine in their own way but the feel and smell of a good book in your native language can't be beaten.

This year, what with the Olympics and Jubilee, Britain has really shone abroad and coming back 'home' for a short break really feels special.

A twilight walk on the South Downs with Autumn in the air, terriers and a sneaky pint in a country pub.

Nostalgia overwhelms me and I really think that aside from scuffers, non-card-holding-members of the caravan club and polititians of any party, Britain isn't such a bad place to be.

Sometimes, you've got to take a good look in from the outside to appreciate what you have got.

I feel proud to be a Briton abroad.

Ty