To be conned or not to be conned......? Farmi WP36

elliottwaters

Farmi Wp36 firewood processor | eBay

I see this processor is for sale again on ebay. This time for sale in Aberdeen. It was on with R&R civils a few weeks ago. Sent the seller an email and this was the response.......

"Hi and thanks for the email. I am sorry about the late reply. The tractor is in very good condition, no problems here,no VAT added. The buy it now price is £2,500 (I can also have it delivered to you within the UK for nothing extra). I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. Let me know if you want details on how to complete the sale. I attached pictures. It's located in Aberdeen

Thank you, Nikolaos"

It has been removed as of this morning so hope it was flagged to ebay rather than bought!

Just thought I would point it out.

Elliott

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farmi Wp36 firewood processor | eBay

I see this processor is for sale again on ebay. This time for sale in Aberdeen. It was on with R&R civils a few weeks ago. Sent the seller an email and this was the response.......

"Hi and thanks for the email. I am sorry about the late reply. The tractor is in very good condition, no problems here,no VAT added. The buy it now price is £2,500 (I can also have it delivered to you within the UK for nothing extra). I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. Let me know if you want details on how to complete the sale. I attached pictures. It's located in Aberdeen

Thank you, Nikolaos"

It has been removed as of this morning so hope it was flagged to ebay rather than bought!

Just thought I would point it out.

Elliott

I had the same thing over a tractor a couple of weeks back, the tractor was well under priced, no vat, no viewing available etc, I posted on here about it and I was told it was a con. Remember if it seems too good to be true then it usually is:)

I had the same thing over a tractor a couple of weeks back, the tractor was well under priced, no vat, no viewing available etc, I posted on here about it and I was told it was a con. Remember if it seems too good to be true then it usually is:)

Yeah, the ad is dodge. That machine sold on ebay some weeks back; account hacked and now back for sale; fraudster hoping for a quick buck. Had the same myself about a year ago re a generator. Ebay eventually dealt with it.

Out of interest, how does this scam work? He's offering inspection which suggests he has the machine, and requiring the deal to be closed through eBay which gives the buyer far more ways to get their cash back than sending a cheque or doing a bank transfer etc.

Just interested so I can avoid getting caught.

Alec

Yeah, the ad is dodge. That machine sold on ebay some weeks back; account hacked and now back for sale; fraudster hoping for a quick buck. Had the same myself about a year ago re a generator. Ebay eventually dealt with it.

Out of interest, how does this scam work? He's offering inspection which suggests he has the machine, and requiring the deal to be closed through eBay which gives the buyer far more ways to get their cash back than sending a cheque or doing a bank transfer etc.

Alec

Alec

More than likely to change their tune...

Alec

More than likely to change their tune...