Best friction cord for 13mm climbing line

Arran Turner

Have been using marlow gecko 13mm with marlow boa friction cord and works fine, but lately have been using hi-vee and marlow boa and is well sexy. But again would like everything to be smoother/ more responsive. there are so many friction cords and would like to get it right first time around:thumbup: Anyone got preferances or advice? :001_smile:

Arran

Tbh bro I'd say it's purely based on climber preference. Op, ap,beeline, ice tail, liros, rit...there all good, heat resistant cords. Some work better in the wet, some better in the dry etc but you'll find a use for it no matter what so just experiment with them all!

Also depends what hitch your using.

I agree with Paul here it's not always climber preference it is in fact down to the hitch no matter how you climb a certain hitch will only work good with a certain cord and rope combination, if you have some spare penny's then buy a few lengths of different. Cord and experiment .......when I used 13mm Yale I fount 10mm beeline was best on a distal but and beal regate was better on a helicle ..".:001_smile: for what it costs to do this in lengths of cord £20-£30 depending on what you want to achieve really....

I understand there are loads of combinations :001_smile: just wondering what people like/ or dislike on 13mm hopefully saving me buying something thats not quite right for me :001_smile: ive been through loads of knots on my marlow boa started on a VT then shortend it for less sitback then went over to sooper cooper which was fast and very good at self tending but struggled with quite a bit of sitback which i tryed to adjust but couldnt get it right, so know im on a knut and love it, its like a self tending prussic in my eyes.

:thumbup:

I understand there are loads of combinations :001_smile: just wondering what people like/ or dislike on 13mm hopefully saving me buying something thats not quite right for me :001_smile: ive been through loads of knots on my marlow boa started on a VT then shortend it for less sitback then went over to sooper cooper which was fast and very good at self tending but struggled with quite a bit of sitback which i tryed to adjust but couldnt get it right, so know im on a knut and love it, its like a self tending prussic in my eyes.

:thumbup: