RPA cross compliance inspection/EWGS

APC

Hi there,

We are getting cross-compliance inspected by RPA across our whole estate over the next 2 weeks. Apart from all land with SFP and HLS, I see they are inspecting land under EWGS. Has anyone had this before? I can't find what they are actually looking at. Will they be out there with a tape measure on hazel stools, will they be counting stumps or looking for something else? I was under the impression Forestry Commission would be inspecting for compliance with EWGS conditions. Does RPA just do the lot then?

Yours,

Confused of Hampshire.

RPA will do it all, and will expect to see that work covered under the EWGS has been completed and to the required standard. I feel for you we had one two summers ago, ran to nearly 4days, these people will penalise you for any inaccuracy on measurements, and dont forget for els and hls any over payments have to be repaid double the over payment! they measured every boundary on the farm with trundle wheels and anything over a meter out was noted. (if you have been underpaid thats your fault apparently and they dont pay the extra on that!)

I feel for you, best clear your diary!

see we had a RPA inspection 3 yrs ago, and they 10 days in hot sunshine measuring things with wheels tape measures gps data loggers, and going through the 450odd cattle passports, cattle tags, everything they could think of....... and they were all really really helpful. One did ask to see my entire movement book as I said it was all computerised and obviously thought they'd catch me out, I happily printed the 150odd pages for the last god knows how many years he asked for and dropped it infront of him with a resounding slap........he then had to spend 3 hrs going through it!:lol: They didn't find much wrong and suggested i'd been over generous on a few margins but thats fine I can sleep at night!

Couldn't have faulted my inspection, but have heard horror stories when things aren't right. But I think so long as your clearly not trying to cheat them out of money your fine! Just be ready with biscuits, sandwichs and lots of drinks and be ready to find every piece of silly paperwork they can think of.

Good luck

and be ready to find every piece of silly paperwork they can think of.

Good luck

that about sums it up :thumbup: they will want to see records of everything make sure chemical records are upto date if you have been treating new trees etc etc

that about sums it up :thumbup: they will want to see records of everything make sure chemical records are upto date if you have been treating new trees etc etc

Also it mght be worth checking your inside leg measurement hasn't changed from when you filled out the form, if it has you'll have to fill out another 50page form stating the reasons why! :lol::thumbup:

All joking aside, its nothing to fear, but just be ready to keep cool, keep smiling and bend over backwards to help them with anything. Frustration at keep being asked what seem silly questions or for silly bits of paper is the worst bit to keep hidden below the surface!:001_rolleyes:

Had our inspection earlier this year. Fortunately only lasted half a day but I did spend the time with the inspector rather then let him wander around. Half a day for me wasted but I had heard of others taking three days if left to there own devices.

Nothing to worry about if all in order. We had already carried out some replanting which could clearly be seen as growing away strongly so we ticked the right boxes.

Your fortunate to be told of the inspection ours was unannounced.

We were kind of in a good situation being a local authority with all individual business units being part of the same "farm" so we found out on Friday and first visits started yesterday. All units are being inspected and we have our part inspected next Friday as one of the last ones. I don't think I have much to worry about, I'm just getting myself stressed out thinking I've missed something.

Noone expects the Rural Payments Inquisition!

295681.jpg