LANTRA Tree Inspection

treeseer

If you search on 'PTI' you'll find lots of previous threads and posts about it.

Increasingly this course / certification is becoming recognized as a benchmark for detailed tree inspections in the UK I would suggest.

Regards,

Paul

PS I used to deliver the course and thought it very useful and well-structured and aimed at the actual tree inspection exercise n hence assumed a suitable level of existing arb technical knowledge.

PS I used to deliver the course and thought it very useful and well-structured and aimed at the actual tree inspection exercise n hence assumed a suitable level of existing arb technical knowledge.

Hi Paul

agree that the course is "useful and well-structured" and relevent.

what would the AA/Lantra stance be on refresher training for the PTI?

My certificate states that it 'expired' in 2012, not entirely sure my knowledge has.........ongoing CPD and the like.

Genuine question that may have relevence to the Guy (Treeseer's) original post.

regards

David

Edited by David Humphries

Thanks; the only thread I found was from 2011 but that gave me a sense of it. I was asking cuz I plan to stop in the UK next summer and thought it might look worthwhile. I offer similar exercises in the US, where a lot of folks are diving into TRAQ despite the lack of detailed inspection methods.

Always looking for new ways to refresh myself!

Hi Paul

My certificate states that it 'expired' in 2012, not entirely sure my knowledge has.........ongoing CPD and the like.

regards

David

Hi David,

Firstly, there appears to be a parallel thread for this post to which Stuart Phillips from Lantra has contributed...hence it might be also worth posting there.

My understanding is that the earlier Lantra certs had the 5 year expiry, which is really aimed at chainsaw etc. training, included but latter ones didn't / don't.

Regarding the refresher training, I haven't undertaken this myself, but its one day as opposed to three and I think it includes some updating but how useful it would be to a person who is very actively CPD'ing I don't know, perhaps someone else could advise.

Sorry not to be of more help :confused1:

Paul

Hi Paul

regards

David

Hi David

I did mine about 10 years ago and so it had an expiry date. This came up when I did my L6 dip as you can APL one of the ACs if you have PTI. I was told to phone Lantra by Dave Dowson and they would send me a new cert. I did and they did. Not really in the spirit of CPD but they will send you a new cert if you ask.

Cheers

Chris.

Hi Guy

Reading your previous threads the 1 day course would be well below where you are at so I would go for the 3 day PTI course. I found it useful but quite a bit is based around UK legislation.

Cheers

Chris.

Hi David.............My understanding is that the earlier Lantra certs had the 5 year expiry, which is really aimed at chainsaw etc. training, included but latter ones didn't / don't.

Regarding the refresher training, I haven't undertaken this myself, but its one day as opposed to three and I think it includes some updating but how useful it would be to a person who is very actively CPD'ing I don't know, perhaps someone else could advise.

Sorry not to be of more help :confussed1:

Paul

Thanks Paul

Hi David

I did mine about 10 years ago and so it had an expiry date. This came up when I did my L6 dip as you can APL one of the ACs if you have PTI. I was told to phone Lantra by Dave Dowson and they would send me a new cert. I did and they did. Not really in the spirit of CPD but they will send you a new cert if you ask.

Cheers

Chris.

Thanks Chris

That's very useful information.

Appreciated :thumbup1:

Edited by David Humphries

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

We offer the Lantra 1 day Basic Tree Inspection and the Lantra 3 day Professional Tree Inspection (next PTI running 2-4th November) . We also offer a 3 day Understanding Tree Surveys and Inspection course which sits in between the two. Its part of the City and Guild Level 3 in Forestry and Arboriculture Qualification and on completion achieves a City and Guilds Unit Certificate. This qualification unit can be used as refresher training and it can also become part of a full Level 3 qualification by studying other units such as Tree Pests & Diseases and Tree Science. So there are options out there for refresher training and further training if desired.