What saw chain files do you use?

Mesterh

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I might need a translater on that one .

Now let me get this straight ,are you saying Stihl files won't file an Oregon chain or Oregon files don't do good on a Stihl chain ? On the later I agree .

i find stihl files do a naff job on oregon chain as well as stihl chain :thumbdown: oregon files do a better job on stihl chain than stihl files do on stihl chain :sneaky2:

I'll have to take your work for it on the Stihl files as I don't own any myself .

I order my files two dozen at a time from a US west coast logging supply company . They do carry a brand called arbor pro I believe which is less agressive and stands up to the hardness of Stihl branded chain which is about the hardest material I've ever filed regarding chainsaw chains .

You can't tell whom owns what now of days with mergers and buy outs world wide .I may be mistaken but I believe a group caled Blount owns both Oregon and Winsor .For that matter what product is available in The British Isles may not be the same stuff as the US and Canada .Could be better or worse .