ROLO Courses - Bristol, Leicestershire, Warwickshire

Stephen Arb Association

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still possible to get a cscs card without doing a one day course first, however it's getting harder and the more switched on construction companies will insist on you having the correct category card.

I had to get one in a hurry, so I sat the touch screen test and applied for a white CRO card under the horticultural service engineer category.

I will have to do the rolo course and get the right card at some point a way though, just finding it hard to get a local venue.

I will have to do the rolo course and get the right card at some point a way though, just finding it hard to get a local venue.

Hi Peter,

We offer 'bespoke' courses all over the place and usually need 6-8 people to make it viable. If you can find a suitable venue, and ideally the other 6 or 7 delegates, just let Tiff know at Head Office...she may already have people looking for the same.

Her contact details are [email protected] or call Head Office on 01242 522152.

Cheers..

Paul

It's still possible to get a cscs card without doing a one day course first, however it's getting harder and the more switched on construction companies will insist on you having the correct category card.

I had to get one in a hurry, so I sat the touch screen test and applied for a white CRO card under the horticultural service engineer category.

Yes, I work for one of the more switched on company's. :001_smile:

So do I, but this time round it was a case of "do you want the trees cut or not?"

On this occasion they were holding up getting a new power cable trenched in, so they put up with it.

Interestingly enough, the site manager also said the team who installs the cable won't do CSCS, or even do the site induction, their attitude is "do you want the cable putting in or not?"

Hi Peter,

We offer 'bespoke' courses all over the place and usually need 6-8 people to make it viable. If you can find a suitable venue, and ideally the other 6 or 7 delegates, just let Tiff know at Head Office...she may already have people looking for the same.

Her contact details are [email protected] or call Head Office on 01242 522152.

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll do that.

So do I, but this time round it was a case of "do you want the trees cut or not?"

On this occasion they were holding up getting a new power cable trenched in, so they put up with it.

Interestingly enough, the site manager also said the team who installs the cable won't do CSCS, or even do the site induction, their attitude is "do you want the cable putting in or not?"

Yes I've heard of site managers being sent off site whilst certain important tasks are completed.

Hi Mark, thanks for the post here.

TBH I dunno exactly n my "go to person", my colleague Simon Cox, is currently on holiday. Hence I will check next week when he's back in and get back to you with a fuller, and more accurate, reply.

As I say I will check all of the above with Simon n get back to you next week.

Cheers..

Paul

Hi Mark,

Simon has responded by saying look here http://www.trees.org.uk/Trees.org.uk/files/20/20e15007-09c7-4900-a91f-a8605a3bd623.pdf and advised it is best to check with CSCS / BALI about fees (for tests / cards etc.) to ensure current prices are quoted.

Hope this helps..

Paul

Any dates available for this course running in Scotland?

Hi there,

Certainly I'm very happy to deliver a course in Scotland, the Royal Highland Showground is a convenient venue being next door to the airport, but the challenge is getting enough people to commit...really need a min. of 8 and ideally 10 (max. 12)

Any thoughts?

Cheers..

Paul